Sign in to follow this  

Just picked her up

Just collected my `03 S :thumbsup: NEVERbeen off road at all. I run an `02 GSX-R600 on the road and feel pretty confidant with that,but this is a differant ball game!!! Managed to bend the std bars within 2hrs of owning it :awww: Straightenedthem out ok, gonna get some renthals or similar tomorrow. Then I`m away for a couple of weeks. I`llget teh relevant covers and guards as well.

Found a nice bit of ground with some steep climes and drops, came over a crest to see............... nothing!! A steep drop, I went flying and the bike bent the bars. Only knocked my knee. Made myself laugh anyway.

Been practicing my wheelies (2nd reason for buying) 1st comes up nice, 2nd needs a bit of a weight shift and same for 3rd. But it`s MUCH easier to learn on then the GSXR!!!!

Anyway, hope to get to know you guys in the future, Now I`ve gotta let the G` freind know that the DRZ sitting out side is erm................mine :devil:

Teach her how to ride it and then you can follow on the 600.

If your patient you may see her wanting her own :thumbsup:

no doubt ditch those death wings. My bike is 3 weeks old and I went riding in sand and gravel today and they wanted to throw me down in every corner. Climbing the hills was a roost fest. This is on a track built by my buddy who is an ex 4 wheeler racer so it was nothing tame at all. But I hate those death wings now.

So what tyres are good for on and off road use?

Boy did you just open a can of worms,,,everyone has a preference but a lot of folks do much more dirt than street and some do more street than dirt, so you get lots and lots of opinions here, I run metzler karoos for the rear and bridgestone 661s on the front. kind of a tradeoff but the only way to make it right for both is 2 sets of rims and 2 sets of tires,,,1 for street and 1 for dirt. By the way I really liked the deathwings on the street but they really suck in the dirt,,,all dirt. :thumbsup:

Yep deathwings MUST go unless you actually like praying at every moment you get near dirt, i personally use MT21's again a trade between street and dirt and in my opinion a good choice, but best thing is go do a search on tyres and see what you think, tyre choice is like shoe choice each to their own. :thumbsup: