Sign in to follow this  

Oil leak?

Hey, I ride a KLX 650. It has about 5000 miles, 2,000 of them mine. I have started to get a bit of oil misting on the front of the engine. I am not quite sure where it is coming from. It is not enough to change the level of the oil in the window. I have never had to add more oil between changes, but I am concerned about dammage a small leak may lead to. I have a manual for the bike, but all I have done on the bike on my own are small things like oil changes, cleaning the filter and swaping out cluch cables and levers. I don't trust the local bike shop where I took it last to have the needle replaced. When I got the bike back it was a bit dirty and had almost 300 extra miles on it when they finally gave it back. They charged me $200 on top of that, adding $ for stupid stuff that I do for almost free, oil change, air filter cleaning (I had cleaned the filter the day before I took it in). Any suggestions on what I should do? I have no garage to work in, which is why I took it to the shop, :thumbsup:

"I don't trust the local bike shop where I took it last to have the needle replaced. When I got the bike back it was a bit dirty and had almost 300 extra miles on it when they finally gave it back."

Can't say about the leak, but 300 additional miles :thumbsup::devil: I think that most bike rental places get more than $200 for that much distance. You should have charged THEM! :awww: