Sign in to follow this  

Skid plate for 250X

I second (or is that third) the motion for the Flatlander. Very good fit, only thing I did not like was the vibration from the frame and skidplate. Solved it by adding some foam tape along the frame.

Rooster performance makes awesome parts. Check out their skid plate before making a decision.

E-Line, carbon fiber. :thumbsup: My god, what do those 3/16" Flatlands weigh? Can you say rough around the edges UGLY! My 250X is beautiful, with Flatland Rad guards/stock louvers attached. I personally wouldn't put their skid plate

on a new $6000 bike. Maybe my old '73 Suzuki TM400. :devil:

E-Line is lighter (a pound or more I'd imagine), quieter.has more coverage and subjectively is WAY trick.

Scotty

E-Line is good too, but after 2 1/2 years on my 450 it's got some cracks and big chips in it. I ride rocky areas all the time and it works fine, but it's showing it's age where the aluminum wouldn't.

I went with the works connection set up. I have a Flatland on my XR400 and it looks like it belongs there. (huge)

As for protection I think the Flatland is about the best but as far as looks go I was not ruining the look of my 250X with that skidplate. The engine covers are admittadly not that great but are better than the stock plastic and matched with the skid plate (imo just as good in protecting the center as the FL) looks killer.

I do have the flatland radiator guards. :thumbsup:

This is what I have on my bike fron Works

10-070.jpg

23-250.jpg

25-014.jpg

15-070.jpg

Yeah, I didn't like the looks of the Flatland skid on my CRFX either. It's a good skid plate and all. Good craftsmanship too. The Flatland skid is still sitting in the box -- unused. Anyone want it?

I opted for the E-line. It provides better protection I think, looks better, and lighter too. The e-line skid plate is expensive, but hey, you get what you pay for. I didn't get into this sport to save money.

I don't understand why Honda doesn't just make this bike with a skid plate on it already? How can they make such a great bike, and it only has the flimsy plastic wings in front? What is up with that?

I vote for the E-Line. They make beautiful products and they are bomber with the Kevlar mixture. I also have their pipe guard for my Dubach header.

Hmmm... lets see WC skid plate $69.95 WC engine guards $99.95. With just the skid plate you are left with the worthless Honda OEM engine guards that snap off along with part of your case. E-Line Carbon/Kevlar skid plate with engine guards as part of the mold $144.95. No brainer! You have to own one and have it installed to know what I am talking about. They rock!!