Sign in to follow this  

Std exhaust mod

I`ve seen the pics of the std exhaust mod to make it louder. Am I correct saying you remove that smaller little pipe that sticks out of the large chrome exit pipe? Should I undo the 3 allen bolts to get at it??

No need to remove the muffler cap. 1 3/8 hole saw will take out the inner pipe. Keep in mind, this mod does nothing but make it louder. No performance increase at all. I just did a much more comprehensieve muffer mod with the same result. You may be able to trade your stock end cap for one with the 1 3/8 hole here on TT.

So my aim is to remove the smaller inner pipe then? Does it have to be dead center of should I justs tick the saw in and spin up the drill?

So my aim is to remove the smaller inner pipe then? Does it have to be dead center of should I justs tick the saw in and spin up the drill?

Just stick 'er in and spin 'er around. :thumbsup: If you use the correct size holesaw bit, you'll only need to maybe file down the edge to make it look factory built. :devil:

Not too much louder... Maybe a decible or two? Maybe?

It's more of an exhaust note change than anything, it makes it sound meatier... Gives it more of a growl. You'll also probably notice a little less compression breaking on decel, maybe a few pops.