Sign in to follow this  

Carmichael High bars, oversize clamps?

Has anyone tried the Carmichael High Fatbars? Same width and pullback as the stock '04 bars but a little higher, I'm thinking they might be good as I'm 6'3".

Also, who's using what clamps when they go to oversize bars, I don't really want to change the upper clamp.

I don't know, but isn't that funny? Sounds like an oxymoron--Carmichael HIGH bars...you're 6'3, isn't he like 5'3? If he rode with high bars he would be riding a chopper!

I'm 6'4" and I took these bars off after one ride. The difference was big enough that the bike felt funny in the air (felt nose-high when level) and they put a lot of pressure on my wrists... which was weird as I expected the opposite. As for mounts, I have used Tag Trojan mounts for years, and they've done well.

elvis what did you not like about the bars. i am 6-3 and useing the cr high fat bar. i like the height of the cr high bar, but i want a staighter bar. i thought that the carmichal high bars were about the same height as the cr high with the difference being less sweep (straighter) am i wrong? i was going to buy the carmichal hi bars, but after reading your post i may change my mind. also what kind of riding are you doing?

Dav, you're correct. The Carmichael Highs have 2.13 inches of pullback, the CR Highs have 2.44 The Carmichaels are also much taller (4.49 versus 3.74). You might try the regular Carmichael bend, they are 3.89 inches tall.

I just felt like they were too tall, and considering my height I didn't expect that at all as I've always liked tall, straight bars. I run the regular RC bend Twinwalls on the 450 and RC Fatbars on the 250. If I ever bend the Twinwalls I'll use Fatbars on the 450 as well.