Sign in to follow this  

'01 WR250F suspension setup

i have been having troubles gettin the right suspension setup on my '01 wr250f and was wondering if anyone could give me some help. i weigh 145lbs and im about 5'10". i ride cross-country and am a novice rider. i also just replaced the seals on the front forks and refilled them with 3 wieght oil. my rear suspension is stock. so does anyone have any thoughts???

I'm about your weight, and the stock settings for my 01 WR250F are pretty good, if a little soft for cross country racing. I would start off restoring the bike to factory settings and see how it works for you, before you do anything drastic.

I mostly trail ride tight technical rocky trails, so run my clickers softer than stock.

i have been having troubles gettin the right suspension setup on my '01 wr250f and was wondering if anyone could give me some help. i weigh 145lbs and im about 5'10". i ride cross-country and am a novice rider. i also just replaced the seals on the front forks and refilled them with 3 wieght oil. my rear suspension is stock. so does anyone have any thoughts???

Go back to stock settings. Go to Too Tech

and read and fill out the testing sheets for KYB forks and shocks. You will learn a lot about how it works. All of the suspension shops have tips like these on their web sites.

Adding more oil will help stiffen up the late part of the forks stroke. 5cc's = about 5mm of oil height. I use a syringe to add oil through the air bleeder on the cap.