spectro oils.....

I use Golden Spectra 10w-40 Synthetic blend in both YZs. The oil is one of the only ones I could find that was graded JASO Grade MA. JASO is the Japanese counterpart of the API, and was actually formed in response to concerns of Japanese manufacturers of high performance four-strokes that the newer API oils were going down the wrong road with respect to adding or removing additives to satisfy the EPA. They were particularly concerned with the removal of the sulfur-based wear reducers found in API SG oils that most of them recommended for their engines (check your service manual). To address this, JASO came up with 2 grades specifically for high performance motorcycles. The first, MA is directly analogous to API SG, and can be used in any engine needing an SG oil, including those with wet clutches in the same oiling system. The second, MB is basically an MA (API SG) with friction modifiers to further reduce friction, and can only be used in engines like the CRFs that separate the clutch from the engine.

I am very pleased with the looks of the inside of the engine, and how well GS works with the clutches.