Sign in to follow this  

torture us tennessee boys

there is a small group of us coming out for vacation we are looking for someplace to ride we think we can handle what ever you can show us give us your best riding areas offroad through the desert, rocks, whatever

we will be in hankville, utah the week before in anybody can make it there be aound the 30th of sep. to the 6th then were headed your way vegas

we aint skeared! :thumbsup:

Hey, you tennessee boys ought to try Five Miles of Hell in SE Utah. :awww::lol: That should give you a good dose of punishment! You might want to do it at the end of the trip though. :D That way you guys can have your bikes running for the most of the trip and spend a little time in the hospital as possible! :lol::devil: If that's too much for you, Moab has a lot of very technical rock stuff, but not as demanding as FMOH. Go to http://www.ruxtonnoble.com and order the "access addiction" video to see what you're getting yourselves in for. I'd dare say it's just a little bit different than tenn. Like riding on the moon. It's an unbelieveable, must do once in your lifetime type of ride though. Do it. BTW, as much armor on your bike as possible is good. If not, borrow your buddies bike. :thumbsup:

we were thinking of going glamis to do a little dune riding but the cost to ride in california is a bit more than our budgets will let us plus its another 8 hours of highway time only got 2 weeks to make this trip and 72 hours of it will be on the road round trip come to vegas show a desert trail friend of ours is riding with a tour guide 1 or 2 days somewhere but he wanted a $100.00 just to tour us around north of vegas somewhere i dont think so we will make our line for nothin

do you know of places near there were we could ride hassle free

that sound like what we are looking for friend been going there for 20 years this year never said anything about riding there though would that be anywhere near the henry mtns. because that is near were we are staying, hankville, i think the blue hills are near there also

we will be there in 24 days

we got just the normal precautions on our bikes bark busters and some cable holding our shifter and brake pedal from be tore off bring the big blocks with us couple of xr 650s,xr600,xr400 and some newer stuff to crf250x,crf450 if he brings it and a 230

anybody able to make the ride down to hanksville between sept. 30 till 5th we be at the campground near the resturaunt there somewhere

If you're riding Utah, you need to go to this website - http://www.ruxtonnoble.com. Ruxton is the Utah guru of off road riding and most likely has pics of all the places you will ride on his site. I would definately encourage you to buy the video "access addiction" off of his site. It will give you a good idea of what you're in store for. The riding in Moab / San Rafael Swell (SE Utah) is extremely technical and often times - solid rock. No dirt, no sand - just rock. The climbs you can go up are unbelieveable if you've got the cajones. Total traction. Worn down knobbies or trials tires like the Michillin X11 are the best stuff for the rock. If you've been in the area you will know what I'm talking about. There are dunes in the area also. Check out Ruxton's website.

PS - I don't know where hankville or the henry mountains are, but Moab and the Reef are more desert riding. Kind of like riding in the Grand Canyon or Bryce & Zion. When in Moab I rode up into the La Sal mountains into the snow, so there's other types of riding also. I can guarantee you that if you're looking for abusive rock slamming torture, :thumbsup: Moab and the Reef (w/ 5MOH) will dish out all you will need. It's absolutely a must do for dirt bikers. In my mind it's our "Mecca". Must do once in your lifetime at least. If you're like me, you'll try to figure out a way to get back every year from now on. If you need specific abusive trails in Moab, let me know. :devil:

Bootlegger,

I keep forgetting. Moab is S on hwy 191 about 25 miles from Interstate 70 in SE Utah. (Near Colorado)

If you want to see some cool pics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/83335115ahYmjZ

here's some from our trip this year:(scroll down to the Moab folders)

http://community.webshots.com/user/drbills

BTW, it will be very hot this time of year.

that looks like the riding we like to see i will talk to the guys to see if they want to ride up to moab to ride there with you could you show us around there and is not being street legal a problem and will there be snow on the mtns.

Bootlegger2 - I don't live in Moab. Just went there last April. I'm in L.A. I doubt you will find snow at this time of year. Streete legal? I've heard various things. Everyone that we went with had a headlight except for one YZF. I've heard that the cops are fairly nice about it if you aren't too loud and take it easy. You should be able to stage and have plenty of riding for a day or two without having to load up bikes. If you do decide to go to Moab, let me know. I can point you in the right direction to find the "torturing" trails you're looking for. Have fun.

well start pionting we want to go up near there to do some exploring

none of the guys going have been up there in that area we would like someone to give a starting piont

and were is that 5 mile of hell trail start at

Tell you what, If you come thru Vegas I can show you some fun trails that will make you pucker... Besides, where else can you find a hill-billy from WVA to show you around vegas.

how do we get in touch with you you herd of vegas off road tours somewhere there 1 guy going is supposed go ride with him on a tour near boulder city or something like that we will be tryin to find a camping spot when we get there

we are looking for a tour guide you up