Sign in to follow this  

250 vs 450

Man I am digg'n the four stroke thing ...only problem is I am riding a friends 450....I was thinging of buying a 250 ???? Any thoughts

on this ??? I am a expericanced rider and short ,I know the height is the same on both bikes so that is not a factor.Has anyone bought a 250 and wished they had a 450 ???

Let me know.

smiley

I wish I had the 450 lots of times. You say you have been riding a friends 450? How do you like it, it's all up to you what to pick.

There have been many posts on this subject. You will find people going both ways (from 250f to 450F) as well as people simply buying both to have the best of both worlds.

Iv got a 250. I am getting a 450 for a few reasons. When racing i get toasted on the start every time by 450's not 250's. I have to pick my way back through them. Also when we go trail riding im sitting on 10000rpm to 13000rpm for extended periods were as on a 450 id be 5000rpm to 6000rpm for the same speeds, thats got to be more economical. Another reason is when we are racing the 450's use two gears with only a few changes while the 250 needs clicking all day.

On the plus side the 250 is more predictable and hooks up better in loose and wet terrain, it climbs steep rocky hills better and is a dream to decend hills with its low compression (relatively) while the 450 tends to lock and skid when decending. You can also motard the 450 while the 250 is not enough HP for motard.

Good luck hunting and keep smiling.