Unabiker raiator guards

I had no trouble putting the right guard on, but the left side is a different story. The gas tank side of the guard runs into a radiator hose. I took the hose off and the guard runs into the aluminum tube running out of the radiator. Is there a trick? I have an 04 E.

My unabikers didnt have the problem you mention.

Wonder if you have the E with the FCR carb. I know

he makes an E version. Email Brian I guess. ?

04 cali E is the same as 03 S, but if you have an 03E you need diff guards.

Could be he sent you E guards if he wasnt sure about the California bike.

I can't push the guard any further onto the radiator. It is hitting the mounting bracket on the top. The right radiator went on fine with the bracket, but the left one won't go on. It is also pretty tight against the tank.

DSCF0469.jpg

Should I trim the tab off so I can push the guard back farther?

My 04S isn't like that. I have a water temperature sensor where you have the pipe that's fouling the rad guard and there's just one inlet and one outlet pipe per rad on my bike.

Just a thought - can you fit that part of the guard first as it looks as though it will fit but won't clear the hose to click into place. I'm just guessing as my guards haven't arrived yet so excuse me if it's a stoopid question.

Cheers

Ian

Ian

Its an 04 California E. I haven't changed the radiators. The right radiator has the same tab and the guard went right on. I can't get the left one to fit. Do you think I have S radiators?

maybe its just the pic that makes it look wierd.

i would contact unabiker with that pic.see what he says.you may have to trim that tab a little.

do you have the radiator mount bolts tight?if you do that may be your issue.loosen them up till you have the gaurd completely in position.

My 04S isn't like that. I have a water temperature sensor where you have the pipe that's fouling the rad guard and there's just one inlet and one outlet pipe per rad on my bike.

my "S" doesn't have 2 hoses either ? just one hose at the top and bottom of each radiator with a temp sensor next to each one. it's interesting that an "E" has a different setup.

my "S" doesn't have 2 hoses either ? just one hose at the top and bottom of each radiator with a temp sensor next to each one. it's interesting that an "E" has a different setup.

That second pipe is what is causing my problem, I think. I emailed Brian Bennett and I will see what he says.

I can't push the guard any further onto the radiator. It is hitting the mounting bracket on the top. The right radiator went on fine with the bracket, but the left one won't go on. It is also pretty tight against the tank.

DSCF0469.jpg

Should I trim the tab off so I can push the guard back farther?

My radiator looks exactly like this. I'm running a set of unabikers for an S model and they fit perfectly with the top cross support going behind the hoses. Maybe shorten the front tab a bit?

Brian from Unabiker emailed me today. I guess the 04 is different than the 03. He is sending me the right one. This is one of the few times where it wasn't my fault. :devil: There is no way that thing was going on. Thanks for the help though. Hopefully the right one will just fall into place. ?