Sign in to follow this  

Double After a Corner and a bump..Help...

Hello,

There is this jump at this track called Marysville Mx in California. On this corner there is this bump right after the corner then a double after the bump. I just cant seem to get enough speed to get over the double. Could you please give me some advice on how to go from not going to fast to go fast enough in a matter of about 7 feet to clear this double? Thanks

Im no expert, but try to wheelie over the bump to carry more speed. When you wheelie do it like on a bmx bike and try to keep the bike on the ground. Then gas it like no tomorrow to clear the double.

In Loving Memory of Tabby

crash

If your still not clearing it after that, try preloading, it used to not work for me, but after i played w/ the clickers it can be the difference between air, and mad hangtime :thumbsup:

That's all I had to offer as well. It should help, as long as the "bump" isn't too big. Sounds like a difficult section. Let us know what you discover works on it. Watch the pros practice and race on it. Watch how they get through the turn to set up for the bump. That should be the key for having the ability to deliver the speed necessary to clear the double.

Hey John, I haven't had a chance to try that track yet, how much does it cost to play on it?? :thumbsup:

I agree with the wheelie over the bump and don't let off the gas. Possibly soften the rear compression a click or two and try to ride through the bump like it isn't there. But most of all, be careful. Try riding through the bump and not doubling until you feel comfortable you have the pull to clear the double.

A seat-bounce should do it for you! Slow speed over the "bump", so as not to lift off at all, then squat down mid-way to back of that seat, gas it the whole way up the face, and pop up off the seat as soon as the front wheel leaves the top of the jump....that should get you over it!

It's $15 to ride 9-4 on Sundays, $1 to watch. They have a website, http://webs.lanset.com/motox/default.htm Nice easy track, with 2 kids riding areas too.

The E-street track in Marysville has recently been bought out, and they are planning to re-open with improvements, btw.

The jump in question- if you go to the left side of the track there's no jump there. Otherwise, I'd suggest squaring off the righthander leading to the first jump (almost a step-up), and then pinning it in 2nd or third.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. The track is open on Tuesday, Thur, Sat, Sun. Weekdays it's open from 5pm to 9pm. One last thing, ya I know you could go to the left but what is the fun of that. I am only come up like 2 feet short of clearing it. I'll give it a try on Thursday. Thanks again....

Hard tto say from here but sounds like you need to soak the bump up with the intent on keeping the rear wheel on the ground then pull the trigger and seat bounce the jump. Try slughtly dragging the rear brake to keep the rear wheel on the ground at the same time use your clutch to modulate the power to the ground then as your bike compresses into the face of the jump pull that trigger. Realese clutch with max power :thumbsup:

im gonna have to agree with the seat bounce. if youve only got 7 feet there you need to sit your self down as you go over the bump and nail the gas leaning back and seat bounce it. If your not gonna soak the bump up there is no point in going fast over it. If you have enough room out of the corner you may be able to wheelie it but 7ft isnt much longer then your bike your gonna set your front wheel down on the face of the jump which will do weird things to your jump.

good luck :thumbsup:

I figured that if you wanted someone to videotape you in that section I could do so on Sunday if it would help you out.

If you want that will be great. I am going to watch on thursday. Ill just pull of for a bit and take a look. Thanks...