Sign in to follow this  

PICS ARE UP - ELKINS FLAT RIDE SAT. SEPT. 4

A big thumbs up to OldeDude for guiding the Elkins Flat ride today. :thumbsup: He really knows those trails. It was great riding with bigbob and SuperSlyko too. The ride was awesome and the swimming hole at the end of the ride put the icing on the cake :awww: We gotta do this one again :lol::devil:

Hope you enjoy the pics -- just click below: (page two in the album has the best riding pics)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v367/MyFotoAlbum/Elkins%20Flat%20090404/

Great pics! :awww:

You got great shots of everyone, but my vote for best pic is the one of superslyko climbing out from the creek crossing by the swimming hole. Good close-up, realy shows how nasty that little climb is. :thumbsup:

Can't wait till we get some rain. We could make that same ride in half the time if we didn't have to space out so far for the dust. It's still good though, and I'll keep going whenever I have time.

Thanks again, and see you guys next time. :devil:

You da man bigbob. :devil: Nice form in that turn. :awww::thumbsup:

I agree 100%, BigBob was stylin! :lol:

Yep. That pic of SuperSlyko is a good one too. It's steeper than it looks in the photo.

Yeah, here's another angle. Looks like we took the pics at about the same time.

superslyko%2004%20(Medium).JPG

:thumbsup: Damn, I take a nice picture!!!! :lol:

AintSkeerd, very nice photos! You took alot! The landmarks, Ranger Stations, and the signs are a great addition!

You boyz road my ass off! I was playing catch up all day! :devil:

OldeDude, good job on the trail selection. :D It was nice and mixed, hillclimbs, fire-roads, tight trees. The best was the "secret" staging area! 1 hour and 15 minutes away.......I think Elkins is going to be my next favorite spot! :awww:

Was that bigbob actually standing up?? :lol:

Howdy Aint!

Nice pics..Looks like you dude's hada blast.. :thumbsup::lol:

Think my 650'd be able to maintain the pace up there?

Sure would like a piece of that!! :devil::awww:

Dan

Hey tirebiter -

Good to hear from you! The 650 should be no problem at Elkins Flat from what I could see on my first trip. It was a mix of single track with a few jeep trails and no really difficult sections on this particular ride. Best of all no big drop offs in case you fall and have to retrieve the bike. Just a good brisk pace over the 53 miles we rode for the day. Just make sure you've got the 650 geared low enough for some first gear sections, but I'm sure you've got that part figured out. I think you would really enjoy this area. Maybe we can get OldeDude to give us another tour soon! :thumbsup::devil:

BTW - I noticed in your profile, you have some Hodaka parts. I had a brand new Ace 100 when I was 14 years old which was a lot of fun. I broke the frame jumping it within the first year and my Dad took it back to the dealer and said the frame was defective. He didn't know I was catching 6ft of air at a construction site near our house :awww::lol: Hard landings were easier to take when I was 14.