Sign in to follow this  

Sold my 450 today bought KTM now broken ankle

I'm serious. Do I have to "learn" how to ride a KTM.

I'm like I went to a new track that I have never been to before after half a lap and two jumps later, I grabbed the front brake and went flying over the handlebar.

Now, I have a broken ankle.

What the hell? I was doing fine on the Honda.

Or is it that I haven ridden a 2-stroke fullsize bike in over three years and this was my 1st time on new bike and a new track.

I feel so stupid. What I did today falls into the category of "squid".

DOH!!! After I helped you with your shock preload, now you bail on her?!?!?!

KTM's front brakes are second to none! :thumbsup:

KTM's front brakes are second to none! :devil:

Except a CRF's 280mm oversized front :thumbsup:

J/K... hey those new KTM450's are looking swanky...

Probably the stainless lines and wave rotors did you in. Plus (KTM 125SX?) the lack of engine braking got you to grab your front brake harder. Man, those '05 KTM's look sweet. Wouldn't get the 450 though, it'd be all 525 for me! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

okokok, you got me there.

260mm stock Brembo disc with a small diameter stainless steel line makes them 20mm larger and stronger than any other bikes stock brakes.

You still going to be coming back for the GBMIII in October even after your apendectomy?

I will be there, the appendectomy was smooth, 2 weeks recovery time max he told me. As soon as it feels good I am starting my conditioning program hard. I WILL be in shape by GBMIII, whether or not I ride remains to be seen...I lan on it though but that's gonna be my first ride after 6 months so don't expect much hahah.

Two weeks recovery from that?! Wow..that seems lower than I would have thought.

I will make it to one of these GBM races sometime!! It's WAYYYYY in Texas, so it's tough, but one year, I will!

Your no longer a CRF450 rider, so stop posting in this forum! The KTM forum is only a couple clicks away.

But we will probably miss you :thumbsup:

he's not even welcome there he bought a 125. now where are my pitch forks to chase away another 4 stroker gone mad :thumbsup:

Man, you guys are tough.

I still have the CRF250R. Doesn't it count for something? :devil:

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be back on the 450 in a couple of months. I'm waiting for "gotta have the 05's" guys sell their 04 "tricked" out CRF450's bikes.

I don't believe in buying new unless it's really cheap.

So who wants to sell their tricked 04 CRF450 for $4500? I'm sure that price will be the norm within a month or two. :thumbsup: