Sign in to follow this  

oil filter o-ring

Hi all

I have recently been informed that there should be an o-ring on the back of my oil filter. I have 6500km on the clock and i have never seen this o-ring. I think i threw it out the first time i changed the oil. I have not had ant trouble with the bike but i have put an o-ring in. Has anybody else had the same drama and if so what actions did you take?

Cheers

I did the same thing, noticed the mistake on the next oil change, that was less then 200 miles. I thought the Suzuki o=ring would be flat on the sides, so I orders one. Suzuki uses a simple round o-ring, nothing special but the price.

Hi Matt

Thanks will have a look next time, and thanks for the info on trail riding in Oz. I Did have agood look even ask the rellie's to have look around but no joy, lots to do if I had my own bike. so I gonna book up with company up in Brizzie, Good price and they have a nice Green DRZ ( KLX )

Thanks

WUlfman

:thumbsup:

I've never seen the replacement filter come with the o-ring. I've been re-using mine for a year or so and haven't had any problems yet. :thumbsup:

I asked my Suzuki dealer (one of the young guys behinfd the parts counter) if they sold the o-rings and was told they would have to order them. I saw a mechanic walk out from the back and asked him...he said sure, hang on a second. He came back a few seconds later and handed me 4 of them, no charge...