Who's using Rekluse clutch for motocross????

im using one on a yz 450 and it works great. i run the external perch adjuster with the light spring. i use the clutch for starts and thats it.

as far as jumping you will notice an improvement with the z start, u will never find yourself "between" gears, just adjust the clutch a few hundred rpm above idol.

as far as clutch wear goes that depend on how u use the clutch now. for some it coul dbe better and for others it could be worse, for myself iv been running one for a little over 6 months, racing motocross usually 2 times a weekend and i havent changed my clutch fibers yet.

I run a 270cc big bore kit, and the Rekluse Z-Start autoclutch. I have been riding on a track 80% of the time this summer - trails 20%. Trails is not even a question, so I won't waste your time talking about how incredible the Z-start is in the trails. It took me a few laps to get use to the autoclutch, but after I did, I felt a ton smoother all the way around the track. After a while, I was afraid the autoclutch was slipping, so I changed the plates and upgraded to the Gen III model. I put my normal clutch back in the bike for a couple of weeks in between rebuilds. When switching back, I discovered that the hook-up was a little better with the conventional clutch, but overall, I was WAY less smooth around the track, and found myself hunting for the right gear all the time. After going back to the Z-start, I confirmed that I was way smoother and way faster with the autoclutch. The Gen III hooked up better and since getting it dialed in, I have never looked back. I only use the external adjuster down on the clutch lever arm, - not up at the perch. I took my lever off completely because I never used it. Sometimes I feel like the clutch is slipping a bit, but then I realize I am just in too high of a gear. I click down a gear, grab a handful, and off I go. The Z-start makes railing a burm incredibly easy - just lean back and nail the gas. Jumps are no problem at all. You can pull the front end off the ground anytime you want - just like with a conventional clutch. Some guys get on my bike and hate it, mainly because they don't know what to do without a clutch lever. I have even seen them run my bike into the weeds because they couldn't remember to pull in the brake lever because they were so freaked out trying to figure out how to pull in a clutch lever that wasn't there.

Bottom line - awesome in the trails and awesome on the track. ?

Ta for the info but im intrigued as to how you get off the line competitively without the rpms on board that the conventional clutch bikes have. Dont you get beeten off the start all the time.

buy the 99 dollar external perch mount adjuster and you will still have your clutch lever. you will leave the gate harder and smoother than you ever have with a standard clutch. my starts have improved dramatically with the z start .