Sign in to follow this  

Renthal bars

As I managed to bend my std bars within 2hrs of collecting the bike :pI though I`d better get some decent ones. What bars and specific models/numbers do you recomend??

ProTapers don't settle for the Renthals the Pro Tapers are the best. I don't know the info about them like model # but I'm sure someone else does. They are thick strong and I love the feel of mine. The guy that owned the bike before me put them on so I don't know all that much about them but I have heard most people on here say they were the best and they are by far the best I have ever used.

What's wrong with Renthal's? :thumbsup:

I have got Renthal Fat bars and Applied triple clamp, have crashed them a few times pretty hard and mine are perfect.

I got the McGrath bend, but there are several bends from which to choose. CR Hi seem to be most popular. :devil:

Mike

:awww:

Some people seem to have issues with Renthals, not sure why though. I had a set of button's on my bike and throughly crash tested them with no bends, and yes I really crash hard :thumbsup:. Since I just bought a scott's stabilizer I'm going to an oversized bar and the renthals will end up on either my wife's crf or my tengai.

Pro Tapers cost about $80.00, then you have to buy a top triple clamp (I don't think the bar mounts on DRZ's are rubber mounted/removable). Get the 7/8" Renthal bars, I've done some pretty hairy crashes with mine, and they're still good to go (my last crash I smashed my tib which resulted in a bone graft in my leg, 7/8" Renthals are good as new). :thumbsup: