Sign in to follow this  

Clicking noise??

Went riding yesterday, and towards the end of the day I noticed a slight clicking sound coming from the the front wheel or brake. The axle, brakes, and forks are tight, could this be coming from a couple loose spokes? If so I don't have a spoke wrench yet, and much do you tighten them. I have never had to mess with the spokes on a bike before, this was only my second real ride on the 230.

i think i know what your talking about...mine does it also. No idea what it is but with mine it only really shows after i wash it. When its muddy its gone but after its cleaned the front brakes squeek and the click comes....mines 4 days old.

im not worried.

Thanks for the reply. Mine is still brand new also, hopefully it just needs to be ridden.

Have you ridden in or near rocks ? If you can put your bike on a stand and roll the front wheel slowly while looking at the outside and then the inside edge of the brake disc, you may see a small "knick" that is causing the clicking noise you hear as it rolls through the brake pads. Mine did that too, and after I filed the knick out the clicking went away. This of course may NOT be the source of your clicking. Just something to check out. Good luck.

Nope no rocks around here. But Thanks for the input. I guess I'm going to have to take a closer look with it up on the lift.

Thanks again!