Sign in to follow this  

What is a 2003 motor worth with locked crank?

Anyone have an idea as to what a 03 motor would be worth with locked crank? I suspect other worn parts, but would like to get a consensus from the knowledge base here at TT before I buy it.

If it is not apart you have no idea what is broken. It could have junk gears, cases, ect...

I'm looking to buy, but the seller is asking a lot for a suspect motor with a known bad crank.

How do you know its the crank that is siezed ? It could be a broken valve or a snapped cam chain .it could be alot of things that have gone wrong ,Did you ask the guy who owns it if he tried a cam mod that went wrong ? How much is he asking ? If its damaged I woulndt pay any more than 3 or 4 hundred for it ...Best of luck :thumbsup:

First the cam chain isnt snapped its in good condition two the head checked out ok nothing broken the cams are good to no aftermarket ones just the stockies. I put it this way im almost 100% sure its the crank or maybe the bearings siezed up and when they cooled off the crank could spin again not sure im having it checked out by a mechanic ok.