Sign in to follow this  

240 miles Valve check report

Just checked them and they are exactly where they need to be.

Exhaust are at .011

Intake are at .005 (one just snug the other is perfect.)

This is after more rev limiter hitting than normal. I was trying to drag race a WR400, My XR400, 660 Raptor, CR250, 350 Warrior and a KX125. :thumbsup:

Oil is changed regularly bike is well maintained. :devil:

let us know at 450. that when mine went to zero.

i have a new set of stock intakes just intalled...will not be riding for a while cause while the crf in the shop ..i raced my kdx...rode it like i ride the crf and know i got two hands that need six weeks healing after front end washed out.

So what bikes did you beat while drag racing????

I beat the Raptor 2 out of 3

I smoked the KX every time

And I beat the warrior.

The XR (Mine) was close

The WR beat me on one wheel, (my smart ass brother)

The CR250? I have to say?

Hope your hands heal up and your CRF gets done.

I took off the odometer and light and put on the R plate today so I will most likely get a computer for it.

With all this talk of valves I decided to go out and check mine. Try and do it every 8 hours. Its been fine the first 2 checks. This time not so lucky. left exh .010 (didnt move since new), rt exh .011 (perfect), left intake .005 (perfect), rt intake 0... No!!!! this sucks, oh well, time to shim and hope for the best, hopefully Kibblewhite will have those SS valves ready soon.

With all this talk of valves I decided to go out and check mine. Try and do it every 8 hours. Its been fine the first 2 checks. This time not so lucky. left exh .010 (didnt move since new), rt exh .011 (perfect), left intake .005 (perfect), rt intake 0... No!!!! this sucks, oh well, time to shim and hope for the best, hopefully Kibblewhite will have those SS valves ready soon.

Yo Jimmy, After discovering that our 250x RH intake valve had gone to ~ zero -- we re-shimmed to proper clearance and went for another trail ride. Down to .015" in ~ 4 hours ... and that's with the wife riding (not a hammer-head).

Unfortunataly, once they start moving big-time... it's over.

Better off to get the intakes replaced ASAP to help save your valve seats from more wear-n-tear or damage.

Best of luck! -- rb

I took off the odometer and light and put on the R plate today so I will most likely get a computer for it.

Teamstert: Congrats on beating the intake valve "average" so far! :thumbsup:

I'm interested in your ODO replacement project. We shortened the wife's 250X suspension so now the stock ODO cable really sticks out. Would like to pull it, the ODO, and put in a RH spacer and mount a Trail Tech Panaorama.

Keeps us aprised on how it goes. Cheers! - RandyB

Yo Jimmy, After discovering that our 250x RH intake valve had gone to ~ zero -- we re-shimmed to proper clearance and went for another trail ride. Down to .015" in ~ 4 hours ... and that's with the wife riding (not a hammer-head).

Yeah, I need to see what my options are right now. I have a race this weekend coming up and need my bike to run. So if the dealer cant get the valve by saturday then I am gonna re-shim and cross my fingers.