Anyone have cases for sale?

I need engine cases for my 2000 DRZ 400 S. I pulled the motor to get a good look at the crack that the previous owner covered up and "forgot" to tell me about. The crack is substantial and it goe from the top of the lip on the engine drain plug to about an inch or so below. Problem is that some how he managed to dameage threads and the reason it wasn't leaking when I bought it is that he put JB weld type stuff on the drain plug threads as well as the surrounding areas. Long story short, when changed the oil it would just piss out past the plug.

So, any good hearted rider have, or know some one who has, a blown motor with good cases for cheap...?

Dirt_Bag

That really sucks. It may be hard to find only an engine case, you may end up having to buy an engine from someone who had a top end problem (and no mine is not for sale yet, I still have dreams). Then you can put your top end on that bottom end.

A really good hint here when search for engine parts. The same engine was put in five different bikes and three different quads from two different manufactures. It may behoove a person to look for quad parts, it worked for me ?

I might have a complete engine for sale.

I have an '02 400E that got stuck in 3rd gear then abruptly stopped.

I haven't yet decided if I should fix it (which I really don't want to get into) or just sell the bike. I'd far rather sell it as whole and someone else can do as they feel best (fix it or part it out).

The bike is complete with Applied clamps top/bottom, fat bars, Acerbis handguards, FMF Q, E-line ignition & clutch covers, skidplate. And it's all legal and paid for.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or does anyone want to buy it complete for cheap?

(andrew an burned, thanks for the advice)

Tim

What does pm me mean? do you want me to send an e-mail directly to you, if so what is your address? I'm sort of new to all of this lingo.

I am interested, it is a very fair offer. How would you propose working out the details such as payment...

The cases have no cracks, are not warped, fit together well and hold oil?

The cases are for a 2000 DRZ400S?

I have one other lead I am chasing, but should have an answer in a day or so.

What does pm me mean? do you want me to send an e-mail directly to you, if so what is your address? I'm sort of new to all of this lingo.

I am interested, it is a very fair offer. How would you propose working out the details such as payment...

The cases have no cracks, are not warped, fit together well and hold oil?

The cases are for a 2000 DRZ400S?

I have one other lead I am chasing, but should have an answer in a day or so.

1: PM= Private Message.. click on Burned's name in his post,, then click on Send a PM or just click here Link to sending Burned a PM

2: Burned would not offer up for sale a set of cases that were damaged. So, if he is offering them to you.. they are good. ?

3: If you find a good set of cases for less then $200.. buy um and run.. cuz even at $200 it is a great deal. (much less then that and I start being worried about them being stolen :devil:

No disrespect was implied. I am a little gun shy after being burned on the purchase of my bike. The last guy was smooth and cleaver enough to cover the damage and not disclose it. I am grateful for the generous offer from Burned.

I have a friend who knows someone w/ a moto salvage yard. Prob. is, despite being one of the nicest guys I have ever known, he is sometimes distracted. So I am exploring my options, as I spent my wad on the bike thinking all was good, it ran strong, was clean, not leaking any oil...

Dirt_Bag ?

No disrespect was implied. I am a little gun shy after being burned on the purchase of my bike. The last guy was smooth and cleaver enough to cover the damage and not disclose it. I am grateful for the generous offer from Burned.

None taken at all ? And I can understand why you are cautious :awww: I was just making sure, you knew the offer from Burned was not to be worried about :devil:

You should definately be careful there dirtbag, you notice bronco also had one of those little yellow M's. I think they are in the same gang or something ?

Seriously though, bronco is right, if burned offers something for sale it is good. He does way too many things for free to be greedy.