Sign in to follow this  

Help '05 KX250F

Ok Fellas, this is my first 4-stroke I have ever had so I need a few questions answered(and also the first 4-stroke in the family, I am probably going to be disowned)on my new bike(2005 KX250F)I was messing around starting it up and I noticed that within 1 minute of idling and a couple of revs on the engine (max of 1/4 throttle) the head pipe would be glowing orange.. This kind of worries me considering I never encountered this or anythin close to it on a 2 stroke and also after i would rev it up the RPM's would stay up for about 1-2 seconds after I would let off the throttle then it would finally drop back down.. Are these things normal or should I take it back to the dealership and have it looked into? Thanks for your help in advance..

the headpipes on all the modern 4-strokes glow when idling for more than a minute or 2. The idle not coming back down is fairly normal when the bike is hot and can indicate a slightly lean condition. The bike also has a sensor that makes the idle go up when the bike is in gear. a half turn out on the idle screw or 1 step richer pilot jet will probably improve the idle issue.