Sign in to follow this  

Tall handlebar question and a grip question

After my first really long day on the DRZ I am certain I need taller than stock handlebars. (Even though I am 6 feet tall in boots I think that I want another 2-2.5 inches of height for riding standing up.)

After searching here it sounds like the CR HI are not tall enough, but the Jimmy Button and the Pastrana FMX bends probably are.

1. I can only find the height of the Pastrana FMX bars. I need the width and sweep.

2. Who makes the Pastrana FMX bends? A web link?

And on a related note, I found that the stock grips are a bit too small in diameter for my liking.

3. Can you folks recommend a grip slightly larger in diameter than stock but about the same hardness?

Thanks in advance.

For the 6' or overs, Buttons aren't tall nor forward enough. BigDR Bar Risers, dudes, see the light! :thumbsup:

Ditto on the ProGrips, I just got a pair of the 719s for my sportbike, wanted something more hand-filling.

I'm 6'6", and am happy with the BigDR risers and Jimmy Button Renthals.

Im runnin Tag Matrix Clamps. They move the bars way forward and give you 2 different forward positions. Then you can clamp on some CR Hi bars or whatever you like.

The Risers move it forward probably more though. And dont hurt the wallet as much.

Those Matrix + T2 bar sets are still on fleabay I think. Keep your eyes peeled.

I am also 6ft 4 and have the Button bars and bar risers they made a huge difference in not only the hight but also in the more forward bar placement. I highly recomend them both. I can now ride comfortably for long periods standing.

I'm 6'0" and use the BigDR riser kit. It not only got me over the bars, it brought my center of gravity forward and made the bike more responsive. It makes the bike handle better by putting more weight onto the front tire (pushing me more forward onto the tank and weighting the front tire) It handles better in turns (before the riser kit the bike would tend to push out on cornering). Now it seems to find the groove and go. Running thick sugar sand is also much easier now.

Thanks to all for advice. I installed the Jimmy Button bars but have only managed a quick ride around the neighborhood. So far so good. Hopefully because I'm 6'-0" I won't also need the bar risers, but I can always add them later.