Sign in to follow this  

best after market air filter for yz250f???

A ready filter. They cost $10, they come pre oiled, ready to mount up to your bike, with gloves and a sticker. I've used them and they're perfect, I will never go to a different filter. For the price they are practically disposable.

It may seem not real, but it is, check em' out here www.readyfilter.com

I use the twin air anti-backfire filter. It flows more than the regular twin air, and combined with the backfire screen cut out, and the cage reshaped to reduce air flow resistance, the bike will need to bump up in the main jet. that means more power. :thumbsup:

If you take out the fire screen, can it be put back in to make the bike stock again?

Yes as long as you dont cut the screen out. An easy fix is to get a yz125 filter cage. Cost about 28 bucks and gets you the same performance and the twin air at about 80 less.

The screen is molded into the cage, so there is no way to put it back on. I had no intention of going back when I did mine, so I just cut it out.

I went with the twin air powerflow systen (bf filter with alum. cage) cage is nice but not worth the $50.00 extra. the kit was 80.00 from rocky mountan.

Question for anyone who went with the power-flow (or YZ125 cage) - What improvements did you notice?? Is it worth doing? Thanks!

I'm using a Twin-Air also. I really didn't notice much of an improvement but it's defintely better than stock. My stock one tore up after 2 cleanings. I've had the same Twin Air for about 2 years now and it's still in good shape.