Sign in to follow this  

Picked up a 03 wr250f, couple questions...

It's a canadian bike, do I have to worry about the grey/blue wire thingie?

Any other tweaks? I've looked at wroosters? page, just not sure how much applies to the canadian bike.

Coming off a DRZ with a history of battery issues... Do I need to worry about this battery draining?

I am the forgetful type, anyone come up with a wiring solution that kicks off the switch after a while? Or even removes the switch?

Thanks!

I don't think the grey wire is an issue with your bike. The blue wire is a non-issue anyway. No performance gain there.

You might look into the carb and twist the throttle wide open. If the slide doesn't completely disappear out of the top of the venturi, then you will need to do the throttle stop mod.

If you've got the stock exhaust, then the bike is seriously plugged up. You'll need at least an aftermarket silencer that is more free-breathing. The US bikes allow you to change the baffle, but I hear it is welded in in the Canadian models. This change will make a world of difference.

I've never had battery troubles with my WR. I let it sit for several months last winter, and it fired right up in the spring. Just remember to turn off the switch, and no troubles.

Just curious, are you having (or had) problems registering an out of country bike here in california? This is an on-going issue with Honda's. Ciao JP :thumbsup::devil:

I sure hope not... Just picked the bike up and haven't registered it in my name yet. The guy had it shipped from Canada and it does have a green sticker, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

If it is a problem, we might have a few words... :thumbsup: