Sign in to follow this  

F*%!N Michelins

I was puttin on my new M12 on my bike today, and I ended up pinchin the tube. Well that really didnt bother me cause I was plannin on putting heavy duty ones in anyways. So I went out and got heavy duty tubes for 16$ apiece and I was puttin it in, and I ended up bending one tire iron gettin the damn thing on, it took about an hour just to get it on. And after I got it on, i found that there was a flat in it. I hate that tire now, it is impossible to get on and off, and it cost me 3 tubes now. Michelins suck. :thumbsup::devil::awww::lol:

I hope you're not putting an 18 in tire on a 19 in rim! Just kidding - but I haven't ever had a big problem with Michelins maybe you should just put it down for the night and go back when your not frustrated and just take your time getting the bead as far down as you can the whole time.

I use the same process described in Dirt Rider, and I have changed many tires before without trouble. I ended up chunking up the rim tryin to get it on, and my dad got a nice cut from where the tire iron slipped. I think this tire is possesed, it stretchs so tight. and it is a 21 in tire, im sure. :thumbsup:

I had problems with a front Michelin as well.

The tire was a giant pain in the :thumbsup:

After remounting it 3 times i got rid of it because the sidewall kept slipping down into the rim on one side and the tire was always distorted.

Every Michelin I have dealt with fit really tight. I wonder if the sizing they use if slightly different???

I liked the tires, but the need to have 6 people available to fix a flat kept me from using them.