Sign in to follow this  

my bike has no vin number

I was lookin at the spot where there is supposed to be a vin number on my bike, and all there is is a smooth indent. The spot for it is there, but it is smooth, with no number. Is there anything I can do about this?

I was lookin at the spot where there is supposed to be a vin number on my bike, and all there is is a smooth indent. The spot for it is there, but it is smooth, with no number. Is there anything I can do about this?

Yeah, call your local police and tell them you bought a bike with no VIN on it. They will be able to help you out. :thumbsup:

I hope you bought it brand new from a dealer. If you bought it used you may have a problem.

No I bought it brand new from the dealer, I saw them takin it out of the crate. I have the bill of sale and everything, I guess its just a factory defect. It came from Best Honda of New hampshire, and I have had good experience with them. They unpacked right when I got there to pick it up, and there is no vin.

Somethings not right here. Is it paid in full? did you get the title or certificate of origin? It will have matching vin with frame. Are you looking at the right spot? on the right side of the bike at the steering stem. are there numbers on the engine? It couldn`t even get through customs without a vin.

I dont know this for sure, but I cannot imagine customs uncrating each and every import and checking for vin numbers.

My guess is that is why the bike crates always show the vin number on an info. tag on the outside of the box.

No I bought it brand new from the dealer, I saw them takin it out of the crate. I have the bill of sale and everything, I guess its just a factory defect. It came from Best Honda of New hampshire, and I have had good experience with them. They unpacked right when I got there to pick it up, and there is no vin.

Show us a picture.

Does the engine have a S/N?

Something funny here...... :thumbsup:

Somethings not right here. Is it paid in full? did you get the title or certificate of origin? It will have matching vin with frame. Are you looking at the right spot? on the right side of the bike at the steering stem. are there numbers on the engine? It couldn`t even get through customs without a vin.

Customs does not inspect every bike. Honda gives a bond ($)to the US Customs as a sign of good faith that the bikes have the correct VINs etc...

Customs does not inspect every bike. Honda gives a bond ($)to the US Customs as a sign of good faith that the bikes have the correct VINs etc...

They certainly wouldn`t risk forfieting such a bond from such an oversight. Point is there are too many eyes looking at it from assembly line to consumer for it too be without.

Good old Best Cycle. Take it back to them and ask what's up. Is Craig still the sales manager there? They should be able to help ya out.

Dano

Dont worry my bike has that same groove where it looks like a vin number is supposed to be..Look on the right side of your bike above where the groove is by your ignition...there should be a string of numbers and letters...thats your vin

Take your front numberplate off. On the frame, the headstock has a black and silver plate on it with all the info about your bike, including the VIN.