Sign in to follow this  

Tech 10s........................

Does anyone know when the new A-Stars tech 10 will be available to the public? It's time for some new kicks :thumbsup:

Keith :devil:

I think I heard this fall..hope you like throwing money down the drain cause 450 dollars boots arn't a neccesity...buy some 8s and spend the 150 extra on something else...but its your money not mine. guess im just a cheap skate. :thumbsup::devil:

the price of those are outragous.....man i have a pair of tech 6's that i bought at the swap meet for 50 and those things rock.....id rather spend 450 on many other upgrades to my bike...boots arent going to make my bike any fasteror better for that matter... so tech 10's can kiss my :awww::lol:....hehehe :devil::thumbsup::D

Funny you say that. I saw RC on the podium at steel city today. I specifically looked at his boots to see if he was wearing the new 10s. I am pretty sure they were 8s. Maybe he hasn't had time to break in the new 10s. :thumbsup:

Chad Reed is wearing tech 10's,must be nice no to have to pay for anything :thumbsup:

the price of those are outragous.....man i have a pair of tech 6's that i bought at the swap meet for 50 and those things rock.....id rather spend 450 on many other upgrades to my bike...boots arent going to make my bike any fasteror better for that matter... so tech 10's can kiss my :awww::lol:....hehehe :devil::thumbsup::D

you crash with you cheap boots on that were beat to death god forbid you break your ankle...

Broke ankle dr. bill will say at leats $10,000

your copay $20 ish

your pain pills say $40ish

tim off work with NO PAY say $300

walking away from that crash $PRICELESS$ imho id spend the 450 on a pair of boots everytime

thats just like when people say hey i bought that helmet for 50 bucks ummmmmmmm thats your head you cant function with out it spent the extra $100-$150 and get a real helmet

those boots were brand new ..the guys son didnt want to ride anymore..... if they were all beat up i would have never gotten them...

dont have to worry about medical it's free..no co-pay and if i dont work i still get paid...

:devil::thumbsup::awww:

I'd agree completely if there was any evidence that the tech 10's really are that much better than tech 8s or SIDI force or whatever...

but so far the only reason I've seen for the extra $150 in the price tag is because they're new and hyped. I'll take SIDI's for 120 less (and probably better boots)

Chad Reed is wearing tech 10's,must be nice no to have to pay for anything :devil:

HE IS!!! :thumbsup: i didnt know that..... WHY isnt RC wearing them then.... He must be jelous :awww:

Chad Reed is wearing tech 10's,must be nice no to have to pay for anything :devil:

HE IS!!! :thumbsup: i didnt know that..... WHY isnt RC wearing them then.... He must be jelous :awww:

The 10's should be out by mid-October, the warehouses are beginning to stock up now. RC can wear any boot he wants for sure, so I'm assuming he's just more comfortable goin' that fast in his 8's!

Don't know 'til I get mine, then I'll give a report. RC may have fit and feel issues right now, but he will more than likely come around. I'm old, so I remember the SCOTT plastic boot, had a sponsorship, and more pairs than I knew what to do with. The Scotts died because no one could feel anything, and most just gave up trying.

Alpinestars has two great boots in the Vector and Tech 8. Without ever seeing a 10, I would say it will have the best features from both. Fit and feel of the Vector, more protection than either, a lot narrower profile in the ankle area, the brace bootie, lighter than an 8 as well. Like Arai and Shoei, perfection comes at a price. I'll give them a shot!

Thanks alot for the link MXOldtimer :thumbsup: I thought I asked a simple question but some people had to bring up the price issue :awww:

Keith :devil:

Im about to get those 10's and am wondering do they seem the type of boot that would last 4 years (as 6 and 8's are) since they are so lightweight and fast broken in

id love some 1st hand info :)

chad sure does wear em

ana2-1.jpg