Sign in to follow this  

Bubba to race Thumper at Glen Helen! For the crybabies:Results inside

From usmotocross.com

Stewart, who wrapped up the championship two weeks ago in Binghamton, announced that he will ride a Kawasaki KX250F in the series finale at Glen Helen next week.

“I wanted to make sure I got the 125 wins record,” he said. “Now that I have that I’ve done what I set out to do. With the big hills at Glen Helen I figured it would be a good time to try out the four-stroke. I’ll need the power.”

:busted:I'll bet he wastes the engine. :thumbsup:

Probably, with the way that two stroke of his has been screaming all season, it's a big possibility.

I bet he is slower AND wastes the engine. Slower being relative because were talking about one of the fastest SX/MX riders to ever grace the face of this planet.

I'm not saying the Kawi has a bad engine it just seemed when all the 125 guys made the transition from smoker to thumper they'd waste a few motors until they got it figured out.

I don't think Brownies got it figured out yet. :thumbsup:

I'm betting he hammers the rev limiter until is blows. By and large, the faster local 125 pilots around here have had the majority of the issues with the engine failures.

I just hope he doesn't have problems over a big jump or whoops.

No replays of last year's Las Vegas race, which didn't matter for the SX championship, but took him out of the next racing season.

I'm looking forward a crowded 250 class.

i think he'll do fine he has to be practicing on it so im sure he'll know how to ride it. he's proboly been riding one for a while. he does get free bikes.

I'm very suprised at this move from stewart. that came outta nowhere! I guess it's the next best thing from being in the 250 class, but damn! :thumbsup: I was hoping to see him ride the 2 smoker. You can't beat the sound he makes when he rides that thing.

:busted:I'll bet he wastes the engine. :thumbsup:

Surprises me that Kawasaki would risk the embarassment of him blowing the motor. Bubba won't be any happier about it than Millsaps or Short either.

It must be hard to be a factory rider and keep breaking down and when interviewed, you have to say how well your bike performed as well as how great your tires hooked up, etc, etc.