Sign in to follow this  

Going 2 stroke

Seeing as how the wife will not let me buy a new 4 stroke MX bike.. :thumbsup: I am going to sell the XR and look for a desent CR 250 to buy..

If anyone knows of one local let me know or if anyone has friends that might like my 400 it is for sale I am rebuilding the bottom end right now and I am going to have the frame powder coated be like a new bike..

Seems to me that you should get another TTR125...it's the only bike that you can't manage to break!

hey there: a guy in muscatine here has a 2000 CR250 for $2700. He's been at school the last couple years and he's a friend of mine so I know the bike hasn't been ridden that much lately anyway. It's in good shape and it has a ton of extra's with it. I know it has the coil tap thing to run a head light. It has the headlight kit, also an extra set of complete wheels, I think he put excels on it. You could put the stock set back on and sell the excels for 300-400 bucks alone. He is or was about your size, so I think you'd like the set up. He went on adkins and lost a bit last year. Anyway if you're interested I'll hook you up with his number.

Since so many of us have 2-smokes now, I think they should add a section in here for "guys that ride 2 strokes, but have thumpers, but just don't ride them because they prefer the 2 strokes, and live in the Midwest"

Seems to me that you should get another TTR125...it's the only bike that you can't manage to break!

Correction, he broke his wife's TTR shift lever the same day he trashed his XR a couple months ago. Larry hasn't found a bike yet he can't break. :thumbsup: But it's making him a better mechanic. :devil:

Here's a CR250 for ya, you might have to fight Bultaco206 for it though...

Linky

Nah, no fighting. My Pursang eats Elsinores for lunch. :thumbsup:

I think I would like something a tad more current we will let Bultaco keep bidding on that Honda

I hear that disc brakes; a single shock; and radiators are the wave of the future. And, by 1980, we will all convert to the Metric system. :thumbsup:

I think I would like something a tad more current we will let Bultaco keep bidding on that Honda

I hear that disc brakes; a single shock; and radiators are the wave of the future. And, by 1980, we will all convert to the Metric system. :thumbsup:

:devil::awww::lol: