zstart and a 250f.

I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I'm keeping my 250f or getting a 450f. If I end up with the 450f, I'll be putting an autoclutch on it for sure. I'm not so sure about putting on on my 250f though. I would really like to but I don't know if the benefits would be as good.

Next year I'll be riding a 50/50 mix of track and trails probably. I ride some tight, 1st gear trails but I prefer to ride more open trails; trails that require 2nd - 4th. Would it be worth it to get an autoclutch for my 250f if this is what I'm going to be riding?

One more thing, how do the autoclutchs do in motocross starts? I keep hearing how well they work. Just put the bike in 2nd (3rd probably on a 450) then roll the throttle on when the gate drops. People with them keep saying how they are getting top 5 starts everytime with them on. Does that hold true for a 250f too? I would really like to put the rear brake where the clutch lever is, I think that would help a lot for MX.

I lied, one more thing. When I ride my 250f, I don't ever fan the clutch but I do ride it. I'm assuming that the autoclutch will "ride" the clutch for me. I'm just worried that as I get better at mx, I might start fanning the clutch more to get more power for something like a quick jump out of a corner. Will the autoclutch eliminate the need to fanning or not really? I don't really want the manual override because I really want the left hand rear brake.

Thanks for the help.

YES!!I have a Z-Start on my 250f.one of the best mods for trail riding in nasty tight stuff...It's great,coming to complete stop in gear without the bike stalling is one of the best benefits on nasty terrain,plus I am doing a mod to put my rear brake on the handlebars,that will also be nice in tight stuff

i dont get it? does the z-start turn your bike from a full blowm manual to a semi automatic, like when you start it, dont hold in clutch, just kick it, pop it in gear and go?...kinda like the 50s,70s, and i think maybe some 80s...sounds like a good idea in some cases if thats what it is

i dont get it? does the z-start turn your bike from a full blowm manual to a semi automatic, like when you start it, dont hold in clutch, just kick it, pop it in gear and go?...kinda like the 50s,70s, and i think maybe some 80s...sounds like a good idea in some cases if thats what it is

Yes,I can also start my bike in 1st or 2nd gear with the auto clutch,I try not to though..

Yes,I can also start my bike in 1st or 2nd gear with the auto clutch,I try not to though..

is the autoclutch centrifugal activated?

Are you still able to bring the front end up on demand? I'd like one for my kx250f but want to keep my instant power delivery. I want to still be able to bring the front end up in 3rd. Will the manual overide take care of this?