Sign in to follow this  

Ever used Acerbis DS Rally guards?

Anyone got any experience with these? I just bought this bike (KLX400) and already I'm looking to get rid of my front turn signals!

Also, that license plate holder (aka that big heavy looking piece of crap on the rear fender) has got to go. Any recommendations on a replacement? BTW, it needs to be DOT approved! THANKS!

I dont have the Acerbis with the signals but the Acerbis rally pros are holding

up well after quite a few crashes. The UFO rear replacement tail section is

a popular choice for the DRZ, has integated turn signals and a much cleaner look.

Should be able to find pics of the instal on the DRZ forum with a search.

California law is 9 inches min. between turn signals from what I have read, not sure of your state,

so I would say the UFO isnt exactly legal @ 4-5 inches, but I have not heard of anyone getting a ticket for it.

I have them, they kinda suck

When ever I crash (which is too often) they break off a lense cover

Then you have to order a right or left side light assembly, they don't sell just the lense covers seperatly. The cost is the same as ordering a decent turn signal assembly.

++ the vibration of my Yamaha causes the bulbs to break often.

When I break the last one I have I'll be just buying new front signals that mount to the headlight assembly

Are you getting the fact that I'm not really happy with them

Otherwise they look cool :thumbsup:

I've had them on my bkes the last 10 years it seems. I needed a heavy-duty flasher relay with XT. And higher wattage bulbs with the DRZ. I made metal plates to hold the bulb holders in place. Once the lense caps come off , I couldn't keep them on so I put a screw thru the front of each one. If you drop the bike directly on the lever side, it can bend enough to let a lever break. I'm thinking on getting some EMGO aluminum braced deflectors and installing LED's.

Sounds like mixed reviews. I never even thought of the lenses popping out. Good recommendation on the UFO tailight assembly...I can't imagine a cop would pull you over for having the tailights 5" apart instead of 9". All I know is that bluky stock assembly has got to go!

I've been running the Ralle Pros, but not the signals. If the plastic of the guard gets damaged, the whole assembly has to be replaced. My next set of guards will have replacable plastic pieces mounted to the aluminum stock. I think Enduro Engineering makes some good ones.

The Rally Pros are well built. And are the some of the best looking ones out there, IMHO.