Sign in to follow this  

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE CHECK IT OUT!!!

Good news everyone OHV area reopened after 5yrs. All though it is not the biggest area in socal it is still a victory for OHV'rs. The area is the Littlerock Dam area which was closed down due to the Southwestern arroyo toad. :thumbsup:

about 60 miles north of Los Angeles. Take the 5 north to the 14 Palmdale Lancaster exit Pearblossom hwy take it about 6 or 8 miles make a right like going out to Vegas make first right and go straigt in to dam area after the last right it is about 5 miles in till you reach dam gates.

Do you turn by the upside-down boot on the fence post then over the cattle-gaured and by the big rock with all of the grafittie and then down past the old mine shack and through the river crossing with the swingging bridge over it that leads too the indian ruins????

Exactly ....you have been there before. we will be there tomorrow come out and ride with us. :thumbsup:

at least its good news to sombody :thinking:i was hoping for something closer to hehehe :thumbsup:

All of you who said it wasn't good news for you should re-think that :thumbsup:. Even though you can't ride there it doesn't mean it isn't good news. It isn't very often these places are being reopened. Most of the time we fight to keep places open but in this case people now have a NEW place to ride. I am about as far away as possible but I am still happy as can be. :devil:

I remember watching a 4x4 truck bury himself to the wheel wells in the mud, almost 20 years ago. That was hilarious. Then his buddy just about did the same thing trying to get him out. Thats when the :lol:turned to :thumbsup:!!

Lotsa big rocks there (How they got the name "Little Rock"?!)

dude that's awesome news! I live in pdale. I remember goin there once when I was really young, and I remember it was shut down for some reason. Once I get my bike I'll have to head on up there.

How did you learn about this re-opening? I checked the ANF website and there was no mention of this. Of course, they still have the original closure order from 1999, which states that the area will be re-opened in February 2003! Better late than never.

House sitting my neighbors house and picked up their news paper and it was front page news. Otherwise I would have never known till I cruised up to check out the water level. This is cool its only minutes from my home.

House sitting my neighbors house and picked up their news paper and it was front page news. Otherwise I would have never known till I cruised up to check out the water level. This is cool its only minutes from my home.

Great news. More details please. How much riding area, number of marked trails, type of terrain? I ride a lot at Rowher Flat, Gorman, Los Padres, Stoddard and Baldy Mesa. Thanks.

I used to go there all the time.I loved the knarly hill climb (by the store).Is the road from the dam to Angeles Crest hwy open to ? :thumbsup: