Sign in to follow this  

Dual sport Bike of the year? - new Competition for the DR-Z400S

The Gas Gas's a nice. :devil: Light, good power, quality of components is top shelf, but the lack of a stong dealer network will keep them from dethroning the mighty "Z". :thumbsup:

looks like the gasgas do not give us "excuses" to add some accessories to the bike, say the 436 kit :thumbsup::devil:

If you want the Drz on a weightloss program, and 'better' suspension. The gas gas fse series is the way to go I'd imagine. Take a look at the motor from the Fse400. It's a carbon copy of the drz E motor with an added gear and kickstart assembly. Same bore/stroke, same cam journals, same cct style, same head, same valves, same everything. And then take a look at the 450 motor... Yep, same everything again, except different bore. Oh my! 95mm bore... Same stroke... Why yes.. It's a drz motor with a big bore kit from the factory. :devil:

When/if I sell the drz I'll seriously consider the fse450. But 8 grand for a bike is a bit much. :thumbsup:

A gasgas dealer just opened about 10 mins from my house, i've have to go check them out, i've never seen one in person.

$8,000 ??? :lol::D :D

I love my DRZ even more now. :snore::thumbsup::devil::awww::lol: :lol: with all this change in my pocket, maybe I'll get the Yosh 450 kit :awww::lol::D

It also has a sweet fuel injector. Wish i had one :thumbsup:

Identical motor, if i had gas-gas software i would seriously consider ordering an OEM injector/sensor and adapting it to the DRZ.

$8,000 ??? :thumbsup::devil::awww:

Bike of the year for the rich :lol:

I think our zooks crown is safe so far.

Take your off the floor DRZ ($5500). Add big bore kit, upgrade suspension, 6th gear (nice). How close to $8000 are you? How many of you have <$8000 in a similarly equipped DRZ? :thumbsup:

436 kit -$450

revalve and springs - $500-700

still along way from $8000,and the best part is its not a gas-gas. :thumbsup:

Well, the DRZ-S in the UK retails at £4395 - $7823.10 at today's exchange rate. See, we brits pay through the nose for everything!

Ian

$8000

That looks like a bargin to me. I see many of TT's who look like they have $8000 invested in there DRZ. Start adding up all the mods. What I'd like about the FSE is the fuel injection :thumbsup:

Well, this baby DOES look juicy,

but If I'm gonna drop 8 GRAND on

anything it is gonna be from Austria.

Sorry Big Bob. :lol::thumbsup:

That's a lot to give to Arnie's reelection campaign! :devil::awww:

Ian