Sign in to follow this  

SDG speed mini's

Does anybody here have one those crf 50 knock offs, if so how is it doing and would you buy another?

I dont have one but i have HEARD some bad things about them.I heard the kickstarted gears break and the motors shift into neutral alot.Also If you get one make sure to check ALL the bolts becasue some are loose.

I have had my sdg for about 2 months now and my kickstart shaft has broked and my stater has burnt out. I gave up with it and put an xr70 motor in it.

I have a bunch of buddy's with the SDG bikes including Rick Pierce. And everyone of them have problems with the gears!! Slipping out of gears, to them grinding really loud as they are being ridden, and having to push start them because they will not kick over anymore :devil::thumbsup:. Be carfull if buying one.. "Just my 2cents"

So what would be a better choice, an sgd thats already pimped but get a new motor, or just get a 50 and pimp it from scratch?

I bought an Xtreme Cr107. It was very fast. It had it's problems, but I worked them all out. I still feel it's better to start out w/ a CRF50 and build from there,it will cost more, but part of the 50 experience is dumping tons of money into customizing your scoot. Unless you have friends w/ 50's, you might want to consider the KLX110, or XR100, as they are a little bigger. The Xtreme was a beast for me to ride!!! I liked riding my BBR TTR150 way more

I HEARD a lot of things about these bikes but after having mine for over a month now have had no problems. I love it! :thumbsup:

I've got an Xtreme CR107 and its been a good bike. Only minor things wrong with it so far: gas cap broke, had to change pilot jet in carb. I've also put the big frame and 12" wheels on it and it handles nice. The forks are good, but the shock needs to be revalved. It is a fun bike and definitely worth the money.

i have one(so do 8 of my friends) called a thumpstar 107cc 3 speed semi auto 12 inch wheels extended frame they seem goodwe have only had silly little problems loose bolts,crap chain adjusters.The bike is made in china it appers to be a copy of the crf50 just a bit bigger.crf50 plastics fit it.They come standard with all the bit that make it sutible for big idiots to ride them and you dont have to spend $$$$$$ on them.The sdg i think is made in china by the same company.Also they are electric start with back up kick start now how lazy is that!

With-front-disc-brake.gif

Just got one of these, so will let you know what I think when it goes through the vroom test :thumbsup:

With-front-disc-brake.gif

Just got one of these, so will let you know what I think when it goes through the vroom test :thumbsup:

Is that a Honda knock off or the real thing, got some spec's on that, it looks trick.

Its a knock off.Its a skyteam replica bike made in china.From what I understand you can get one for like $400 in china.

I wish it was that cheap! it is a chinese made bike but the quality is a lot better than others that come from there. It goes really well and is 110cc every thing so far seems to be good. Skyteam seem to have a few bikes kitted out with european and japanese parts, I've got one of the 150 bikes and it goes good, in fact it goes better than the bike it was copied from :thumbsup:

You really can get them for about $400 in China. I know someone who is having one imported for a total of just over $500.

The SDG sound is awesome! And the suspension is a lot better than the thumbstar. The 107 3valve is pretty much dead even in a dragrace with a 120 thumbstar.

I dont have one but i have HEARD some bad things about them.I heard the kickstarted gears break and the motors shift into neutral alot.Also If you get one make sure to check ALL the bolts becasue some are loose.

Known some friends and a dealer having trouble w/ SDG's. To SDG's credit they did try to help w/ the problems. Checking the bolts need to be done on ANY :applause: bike.

We have a PitsterPro and are very happy with it. We also have a Thumpstar and it's ok, but the rear hub has a problem holding spokes - even checking them reg. Also have a xr50 that's been changed a bit. Most of the mods I made. Overall The PitsterPro is my 3 boy's and my favorite :banghead: