Dynojet Kit ?

All,

I keep hearing great things about a dynojet kit for the klx300r. Any idea where the cheapest place to get it is, as I did not see it on the TT site. www.dynojet.com ?

It looks like stage 2 is the only kit they offer ... is that the one everyone thinks is good ?

Your help and feedback on this product is much appreciated.

I'm sure TT can get them. They're around $65 or so. Definately worth it. Dyno only offers one kit for the klx300. The stage 2 is the correct one. The bike will definately lug down without bogging and pull higher gears up big hills. Also, the front end will come up easier. Call the TT store and go for it! ?

Bill: As usual, thanks for your info. You seem to know all there is to know about this bike ... and who to talk to ?

To be honest, the front end comes up like crazy now since I added the white bros. header and muffler, so I was just looking for a cheap way to get a little more power. According to the dyno chart from Dynojet, this kit will do just that.

I will definately give some feedback after I order and install it. Thanks for the info !

Personally, I don't think that the dynojet kit was worth the money. I barely noticed any difference in throttle response, and wasted a good amount of money on it. I'm currently in the process (having some problems) of putting on a 33mm pumper, I gave it a test run the other day with this carb and the new throttle response was amazing. JMO

Kevin

I love my Dynojet kit! Incredible improvement in throttle response :awww: My bike is a CA model and required installing a couple of spacers (washers)that were not included in the kit, but it was no problem. I found suitable ones in a jar in my garage. Dynojet has excellent phone support too. A 2 minute call got me dialed in. ??:devil:

Personally, I don't think that the dynojet kit was worth the money. I barely noticed any difference in throttle response, and wasted a good amount of money on it. I'm currently in the process (having some problems) of putting on a 33mm pumper, I gave it a test run the other day with this carb and the new throttle response was amazing. JMO

Kevin

Kevin, sounds like maybe you didn't have the CVK with the dynojet kit jetted right. You should have noticed a definate difference. It's not night and day, but gives a definate kick in the pants. I've ridden a KLX with 33 pumper and the CVK with dynojet back to back and although the pumper offered a more "connected" and punchy feel, (due mostly to the fact that the slide is controled directly by your right hand and not a vacume) the CVK held it's own. Especially in the higher revs. Either is much better than stock. Good luck with your current project. I hope you get that pumper up and working for you quickly! ? One of the reasons I have stuck with the CVK is it's ease of jetting and the fact that it is relatively impervious to elevation changes (within reason). Sea level to 7000+ feet is no problem. Above 7000, I usually change out only the MJ and maybe twiddle with the pilot screw if I'm feeling ambitious.

On top of the needle e-clip - between clip and plastic spring thimble thingy. CA bikes have a non-adjustable needle and thus lack the stock brass spacer that Dynojet requires you to re-use. Without a spacer there is considerable 'slop' in the needle. Another minor curveball that I encountered was that the mixture screw was covered by a pressed in plug, and the installation instructions required a specific setting. The guys at DJ told me how to pop it out and Shazam! ?

There's a spacer in the stock "49-state" carb that basically holds the needle down. It sits on top of the clip and below the spring and white plastic retainer. If you look at the parts diagrams on buykawasaki.com it's part number 92143-1667 . I originally made one out of a small nut until I got the right one. You could probably run without it, although the needle might bounce a little.

Kevin

Kevin, sounds like maybe you didn't have the CVK with the dynojet kit jetted right. You should have noticed a definate difference. It's not night and day, but gives a definate kick in the pants. I've ridden a KLX with 33 pumper and the CVK with dynojet back to back and although the pumper offered a more "connected" and punchy feel, (due mostly to the fact that the slide is controled directly by your right hand and not a vacume) the CVK held it's own. Especially in the higher revs. Either is much better than stock. Good luck with your current project. I hope you get that pumper up and working for you quickly! :devil: One of the reasons I have stuck with the CVK is it's ease of jetting and the fact that it is relatively impervious to elevation changes (within reason). Sea level to 7000+ feet is no problem. Above 7000, I usually change out only the MJ and maybe twiddle with the pilot screw if I'm feeling ambitious.

Well, part of the problem is I was never able to get the jetting perfect, I've never jetted a bike much before, and the plug had both black and white residue on it, so I didn't know where to go. I called dynojet asking for asistance with jetting, but they just told me to look at the directions that I had already tried, and then hung up on me. The pumper just took a different main jet and it works much better than the stock with cvk ever came close to. I'm just glad I didn't spend $65 on the dynojet, I got it with a bunch of other parts for pretty cheap. Unfortunately the bike is out until next weekend when I get time to finish working on it ?

All,

Just an update ... The DJ kit is on the way and I should get it friday. I talked to Linda over there at DJ and she was very nice and I am really looking forward to giving this thing a try. For 65.00, it sounds like a decent modification.

One I get it in and ride this weekend, I will give a full update in this post. I have my fingers crossed !

Has anyone got any knowledge about the stock CV slide and the holes in the slide? My understanding, and I've never torn into a CV carb, is that the slide has two holes in it that, if plugged, will vastly improve horsepower and response. Can anyone confirm or deny?

ram;

The blocking of the holes information I think came from Australia. My guess is that the carbs they are refereing to are not the same model as ours. Our CVK only has one hole and it is needed to port the venturi vacuum to the diaphragm above the slide. That vacuum is what lifts the slide. Part of the dj kit is a drill to make that hole larger.

Ride on

Brewster

Bruce, if memory serves, I believe that there are two holes in the slide - besides the hole the needle goes through. The hole that you drill is the hole next to the needle hole down in the bottom of the slide. When you get the dynojet instructions, it will make sense.