Sign in to follow this  

snowmobiling

any snowmobile. i snowmobile in bear valley have a 2002 700 summit 144 but am on the waiting list for an 800 rev.

Excellent choice on the Rev. IMO they are the best sled you can get.

I have 3 sleds.

2004 Rev 144 800 HO

2003 Summit 151 800 HO

2000 Summit 151 700

I rode the 151 Rev, but like the way the 144 handles in the trees.

'01 800 RMK 151 with pipes and clutch work mine

and '02 800 RMK 144 my bro's.

Mine's too hard to turn, I think we're gonna sell our snowmobiles to get quads :thumbsup:

My first sled was a 2000 Skidoo Summit 700, with a 136" track. I have been riding a Yamaha SX Viper Mountain for two seasons now, probably one more. My dream sled is a Skidoo REV Summit X 1000 that unfortunately goes for $11K. :thumbsup:

Besides the sleds listed below (I'm running those in snowcross and hillclimbing) I also run a full Modded 800XC and a lay down 1500 triple in drag racing. The 440 is getting bumbed up to a 670 as I type this. We got a new factory 440 on the way. :thumbsup:

I want to try one of those snowhawk things. They're like a dirtbike for the snow.

I want to try one of those snowhawk things. They're like a dirtbike for the snow.

Looks like they'd suck in powder, and if one fell over that would really suck. You would be trying to lift a five hundred pound maching while sinking farther into the snow :thumbsup:

I want to try one also! They don't look like much fun in the deep & steep pow based on all the footage I've seen. But they look like lots of fun when the snow is firm!

Snow Hawk Website

I have a snowhawk dealer right by my house and I really want to try one. Theyre 9 grand though and they need the right conditions to be any fun. By the way Im an avid snowmobile, I have a 02 polaris xc600sp, Im buying a MXZ rev or polaris fusion before the season starts though.

Chris

All the guys I've talked to about them that have ridden them say deep snow is where they work the best. I guess they climb alright too because of the low weight. I'm planning on renting one this winter, I'll post a ride report when I do.