Sign in to follow this  

XLR 200 OR XR200L

Hi All,

I live in the UK nd have just recently joined this board.

I am new to the thumpers as I usually ride a gsxr 600 inline fours but have recently bought a 93 Honda XLR 200 for the daily commute to work and a bit of light green laning.

My problem is I would like to look for a few performance parts for this bike but I'm unsure what bits will fit.

I tried looking for information on the web on the xlr 200 and nothing seems to appear but I have read on here that the bike I have is actully a XR200L.

There is loads of information and parts available on the XR 200, would these apply to my bike.

Currently I am on the look out for a rear shock as mine is very spongy. Does any body know what shocks from other bikes would fit so I can contact breakers. Is it possible to be a motorcross shock to fit. I like to keep the Budget on this bike as low as possible.

Guys and Girls any information about this bike would be appreciated as I like to get up to speed as quick as possible.

You can mail me information or any info about this bike to

me at sean_martin@hotmail.com

Place XRL 200 in the subject so my spam filter does not delete it.

Again thanks all.

The XRL200 was never sold in the United States. Not in 1993 anyhow.

The XR200 got a shorter suspension in 1991, so it might be harder to find a shock that works with the forks.

XR200's are great little bikes. I'd just leave is close to stock and enjoy. Save up for the larger and better supended XR250.