Sign in to follow this  

Red Cone Video

Here is some video riding at 10,000-12,500 feet. It is extremely rocky in this area and even the stuff that looks like grass off to the side is litered with sharp, nasty rocks. If you eat it, you will feel some pain. :thumbsup:

The first couple minutes are the start of the trail with tons of rock. At about the 8-9 minute mark, you can see a Marmot run across the trail and my buddy on the XR650R barely misses it.

Nick (Squidward) is hosting this for me. Right click and "Save Target As", it's about 43 meg.

www.dirtcams.com/video/RedConePeak.wmv

yep i liked it i see what you mean by rocks everywhere hehe i didnt see the marmont though ill have to look for it again. :thumbsup:

Great video John! I have never done Webster Cone but it looks like typical Colorado rocky terrain at very high altitude like you said it is. That is one fast Marmot! :thumbsup:

Great video! Its amazing to me that there is NOTHING out there! No people or buildings or anythings - wow :thumbsup:

Glad you guys liked it. Riding up this high takes some serious adjustment since you are so down on power. This was also my first time on a 2-stroke in about 5 years for me so I took it a little easy to get used to having a powerband again.

I thought he hit the Marmot but who knows. I'm guessing that taking a direct hit from a a BRP would probably kill almost anything. :thumbsup:

They are a large rodent type animal and I think they can get up to about 20 lbs. You see them at high altitude a lot but usually, not on the trail.

They are a large rodent type animal and I think they can get up to about 20 lbs. You see them at high altitude a lot but usually, not on the trail.

I new it was something like that cause it looked almost like a muskrat.