Sign in to follow this  

Watch Out for Rocks!

This is the results of my little brother hitting a rock on the side of the trail while doing 45mph+ on my middle brother's 2004 YFZ450.

After he hit a 6" rock that took off the whole front corner, it flipped and smashed the steering column against a big 4' rock. Thankfully he was thrown clear and was only badly bruised. I'd hate to be paying the repair bill though :thumbsup:

Rcok1.JPG

Rock2.JPG

yeah, he shoulda been riding a bike. That kinda looks like the same thing that happened to my friends raptor. (he rides a bike now)

Good to hear he didnt get hurt. :thumbsup:

The world is a bit safer now thanks to rocks.

(Glad he wasn't hurt, though.) :thumbsup:

:devil::awww:. I guess it's time to upgrade suspension parts. Glad to hear he is ok.

Excellent. It's a win-win situation. The quad is unridable, your brother wasn't hurt. This should happen more often. :thumbsup:

pffffft! theres nothing wrong with that! Ride it off! be a man! :thumbsup:

I feel bad for his checkbook.

Later,

Dan

All the quad bashing cracks me up :devil:...but if a quad has a 4T single in it, Isn't it still a THUMPER? :thumbsup: Therefore, if logic prevails, a 4 stroke single powered quad has a place here at ThumperTalk! Maybe they should have their own forum!! :awww:

Their allright to ride, they get boring after awhile but fun as hell to ride in the snow. :thumbsup:

Glad your brothers ok, let us know how much the bill is.

ouch. i agree with CRFboy theres nothing wrong with riding a quad just are kinda boring after a while. this is the perfect time for some aftermarket A arms and wheels

at least the stuff failed where it was suppose to fail...if it had aftermarket arms on it...it would ripped the frame in half and the repair bills would be larger...

well while your going to be buying the parts why not go to aftermarket? How bout some works shocks, +2 a arms, and some new rims.

New rims? Why not get the whole wheel? :thumbsup::devil: