any smaller guys? *DELETED*

Well I am a lot heavier (220lbs) but I am 5'6". I am having a blast on my YZ250F. I considered lowering it by ovaling the subframe but instead of sacraficing the suspension travel I bought a kickstand. The only reason I need that though is to start. Riding is fine at my height. I thought they were too tall and I had bought a TTR 225 first. I am absolutley thrilled with this bike I have now though.

Im 5'8'' 140lbs and I fit just fine. Just set the sag for your weight and ride. You will be fine. The bikes seem bigger at the dealer too because the suspension isnt broken in yet and it is set up for a heavier person. The big thing is setting the sag for your weight. This is the most important suspension mod you can do.

Well a good point was raised here, rather than measured height, the crucial number here is inseam (heel to crotch). I have a 29" inseam, about as short as it gets.

Yamaha measures to the top of the seat, everyone else to the bottom. This is why Yami's look so tall on a spec sheet and why I got a TTR at first.

I need to be next to something to put my left foot on to be high enough to kick it over. When I get my kickstand the problem should be over.

As for height on a 125, it is the same as a 250, or VERY close.

The only problem is in the showroom, if you teeter over and even if you catch the bike from falling you take out whatever bikes are beside you ? That is why they don't like guys sitting on bikes in showrooms. And no, this did not happen to me, but almost :devil:

When stopping if all if possible I look for something to pull up on for my left foot so starting can be easier.

If easier on the trails I bump start, if the hill is on the right side I'll get off and start it with my left foot. Safer than falling down the hill side ?

I'm 5'6" with 30" inseam. Anyone with a 30" or less inseam is going to barely tippy toe on any stock motocross bike. I have a '04 YZ250F and a KTM 200 EXC. Once I got the YZ250F set up right it feels smaller than the KTM. Set sag and raise forks to second line. Lower the rear of the seat by notching the lower subframe mount holes and cut your seat down. Fits us smaller folks great after that without sacrificing any performance.

They don't get much shorter than me. 5'3" with 29" inseam.

Bought a TTR-225 thinking seat height on a MX would be a problem. "Mistake"!! I like my TTR for putting around. Bought a new 04 250F, set sag, LOVE IT!!!!!!!

cant stop riding. Takes a few rides to get use too. If I can ride it, I am sure you can. If it feels akward, Gas It.

ok never mind guys. i was workin on a trail with my friend and we heard a smoker comin and it was a yz 250. so i stopped the kid and i asked if it could sit on it and i fit!!!! i just think starting would be a problem. hopefully i will take it for a test today. ill probably die tho ?