Sign in to follow this  

lets see your klx 300

Here's a picture of mine in it's natural dirty state. This is actually after a particularly muddy ride. Muddy for Utah anyway. :thumbsup:

dirtyklx.jpg

O.K. I'll try to post a pic. I took this last week at Kennedy Meadows. My friend with his back turned rides a CR with no kickstand. He sees my bike as a good resting spot :thumbsup: Unfortunately, this is the only pic that I have of the bike in it's current config. :devil:

ThecrewatKennedy-klx.jpg

Looks like it needs to get dirty.

DSCF0032.jpg

Here it is with the gripper seat that was shipped in styrofoam which melted to the seat. :thumbsup:

moto.jpg

Looks like it needs to get dirty.

DSCF0032.jpg

Here it is with the gripper seat that was shipped in styrofoam which melted to the seat. :thumbsup:

moto.jpg

:devil: that sucks.

I don't have a recent picture, maybe I'll take one today...

Kevin

All,

These are some great looking bikes. I am putting mind back together in the a.m. and will post a pic then. Keep posting because I am sure impressed so far :thumbsup:

Here's mine from Australia. Behind is where I usually ride, thousands of acres of state forest mostly to myself!

klxclose2.JPG

A little gas and elbow grease took most of it off. Just don't smoke near the seat. If you look real hard you can still see some residue.

I need to move to Australia. Here's a glimpse behind my house. It's like Australia without the trees :thumbsup:. Look at the seat. You can still see the marks the styrofoam left.

photo

Here's mine from Australia. Behind is where I usually ride, thousands of acres of state forest mostly to myself!

klxclose2.JPG

what kind of dualsport kit do you have?

Sorry about the huge pic, new to posting pictures.

Dualsport kit?? I assume you mean the blinkers and lights, well I have the stock rear guard ( till I break it ), bought the smallest rubber mounted indicators I could, put them on the front plate and onto the rear light lens ( nice and narrow for get off's ), put black metal flyscreen mesh where the head light used to be and mounted two round 12V household downlights, a wide angle 20W, and a narrow focus 60W. So far it all works well, and nothing has burnt out. I've just bought a wireless kit for the bicycle speedo, so I hope it works, cause the wire down the front brake line is about to wear through. Got rid of the whole heavy front plate/speedo mountings, reckon it dropped a few kg's!!

Is that what you guys call the "dualsport" kit? It's enough to get a dodgey roadworthy over here....

All the "free" mods, dual-sport kit from Baja Designs, exhaust system, rock guards and shift kit from Four Stroke Works, RAM mount for my eTrex, and a few personal mods like the rear fender bag and a map bag on the headlight/number plate assembly -- which I modified to reduce the bouncing in rough terrain. Had to "dance" with the DMV for the green sticker... :thumbsup:

photo-klx-300-1.jpg

photo-headlight-assy-mod.jpg

They didn't want to give you a green sticker? That's bull. Still haven't brought the camera home...

Yeah, took me several trips, a zillion words, and, well, you know what happens when you dance with an elephant. Didn't need it and the license too, just wanted it. Where did you buy the gripper seat?

I got my tall seat/gripper for free, traded it here on TT for my stock one. You can get the cover from fourstrokeworks, or call them and they'll give you gut's number and you can buy it from them directly :thumbsup: