Sign in to follow this  

The plastic bag wtih the tools...why's...in there?

When I picked my 05' up from the dealer...There was a jet in the little plastic bag that has the spark plug wrench and spoke wrench. There was also a jet and a little poker thing what a black rubber piece on it...why is there a jet and a little un-known tool?

At least your dealer gave you the kit, all I got with my 04 250X was an owners manual. I'm guessing the free jet in the carb tool and the other in the bag were an oversight on the dealers part. It would make me wonder if they had played with the carb before delivery though. :thumbsup:

When I picked my 05' up from the dealer...There was a jet in the little plastic bag that has the spark plug wrench and spoke wrench. There was also a jet and a little poker thing what a black rubber piece on it...why is there a jet and a little un-known tool?

What size jet was in your bag?

== The long poky thing w/ the rubber thingy is too reach w-a-a-y down in your carb to retrieve your easy-access carb needle .....

== The spark plug socket is to retrieve/install your spark plug which is two feet down in a hole....

== The spoke wrench is there because you *will* need to tighten your spokes after your first ride or two (but after that they stay pretty good...)

Isn't it funny how the *only* tools we got are the ones needed for the weak spots on the X? :thumbsup:

C'mon to think of it.... where's the RH Intake Valve extractor???? :devil: