XR400R High Altitude Carburetor Jetting

I have a stock XR400R and my wife a stock XR200R. Normal riding elevation of 1,000ft in Texas. We are traveling to Colorado to ride at elevations of 8,000ft to 12,000ft. Any experience or thoughts on the need to re-jet? Sorry for the 400 and 200 questions on the 650 board.

Had a blast in Colorado (Taylor Park area), but should have re-jetted both bikes. The upper limit on either bike was about 12,500ft. My wife launched her bike down a boulder field cliff at 12,000ft. It took 4 guys to retrieve it about 30 ft straight down and though it was dinged up it started on the 1st kick and she rode it back to camp. Only a honda, sorry no pictures.

Originally posted by mmayle:

I have a stock XR400R and my wife a stock XR200R. Normal riding elevation of 1,000ft in Texas. We are traveling to Colorado to ride at elevations of 8,000ft to 12,000ft. Any experience or thoughts on the need to re-jet? Sorry for the 400 and 200 questions on the 650 board.

I don't have jetting specs for the stock carb but I have written a great report all about my XR400 you can get it be sending an email to the address below:

mailto:XR400Story@InfoGeneratorPro.com

Hope this helps.