Sign in to follow this  

JD kit for 2003 WR 250F

I posted this in the Jetting forum, too.

"Is there a trick to access the top of the carb.? I've loosened the clamps (per the instructions), but can't seem to swivel the carb to access the top....

The frame rests perfectly right over the top of the carb. cover and does not permit easy access.......what's the trick?

Also, pics in the directions would be helpful.....some of us are VERY visual......

In any event, I'm assuming there's a few of you out there that know what I'm talking about...please advise....

Once again, I have the 2003 WR 250F, which is set up differently than the YZF 250, due to the battery and such..... "

I just did the mod. It's a little difficult to get to the top but I did it. I had to remove the throttle cables to be able to turn the top toward the left side of the bike and move a few of the fuel hoses. Just know it is possible you'll just have to look what's stopping it from rotating.

I just did the mod. It's a little difficult to get to the top but I did it. I had to remove the throttle cables to be able to turn the top toward the left side of the bike and move a few of the fuel hoses. Just know it is possible you'll just have to look what's stopping it from rotating.

Finally......!!!!

You're right, just have to get all the clamps real loose and gently pull the carb. out to the left, then tilt......

It wasn't too bad once you get access to the darn carb.

thanks again :thumbsup:

BTW....I ended up going blue needle, clip in 4th position, 180 main....

You can also remove the hot start from the upper left of the carb (14mm), and the rectifier from the frame on the right side (2 bolts, 8mm), and twist the top of the carb to the right side of the bike. I find this a little easier than removing the throttle cables. You just have to be careful not to strip the plastic hot start connector when you re-assemble it. I've got a spare just in case.

You can also remove the hot start from the upper left of the carb (14mm), and the rectifier from the frame on the right side (2 bolts, 8mm), and twist the top of the carb to the right side of the bike. I find this a little easier than removing the throttle cables. You just have to be careful not to strip the plastic hot start connector when you re-assemble it. I've got a spare just in case.

Well, since I already had my handlebars off, I decided to use the slack in the throttle cables to tilt it to the left....

At the time, it just seemed a bit easier to access the top hex screws on the carb. cover by tilting just a little bit over to the left of the bike....

Anyways, my handlebars are bent from a pretty bad crash 4 weeks ago...I'm waiting for some new ones to get here....

Oh, also, my elbow happens to be shattered as a result of the crash.....

Since my wife was home, I didn't feel like putting the old bent bars back on and going for a ride with my arm still busted up.....she would have flipped..... :thumbsup:

Although, I must say, the thought crossed my mine....

I'll provide a report once the new bars are in and my arm better....

Tell the truth. You'd have done it if the wife was out shopping, wouldn't you. :thumbsup::devil:

Tell the truth. You'd have done it if the wife was out shopping, wouldn't you. :devil::awww:

you betcha! :thumbsup: