Sign in to follow this  

CRF250 vs. CRF450

I have an '04 CFR250R and I really love it. Handles great, light and decent bottom end. It is a little lean on top though. Have to really strangle the throttle to clear some doubles. I am around 200# and 6'1". Do you think some head and pipe mods (Dr. D pipe)would do the job or am I gonna need to move on up to the 450? Thanks.

I think with some head work and a cam. (Anybody know when Hot Cams is ognna have one ready?) And a exhaust you will be fine. I have seen dyno numbers in the mid-40's on a 250 which is what a 450 has stock.

is your 04 250 stock? if so, do the jet kit, a bigger sprocket, and a pipe. makes all the difference. i've got an 05 myself, but before i bought mine i got to ride an 04 with the jet kit, and an 04 with the jet kit and a pipe back to back. very noticeable difference.

It is completely stock, except for a fuel screw knob replacement. What type of pipe would you recommend? Most people seem to like the Dr. D pipe due to a combination of cost and performance. Where did you get the jet kit from and what does it include? Thanks again for all your help. This is such a great site.

I weigh about 200 and clear 70 to 80ft doubles just got a 100ft tabletop.Go up 1 tooth in rear to 52.I have the Dr,d and love it.I also have Jd jetting power now and an Icat.But i think the Dr,d pipe will make you very happy.I had a 450 and do all the same jumps with my crf250.