Help!- 230F front wheel twist

Every time I fall the front wheel comes out of alignment. My husband has tried torquing the triple clams to specs and he tried pulling the front forks out of the triple clamps and cleaning them. Neither worked.

I can pick up my bike by myself most of the time but he has to bang the front wheel back for me. It is very annoying. Any ideas for a fix?

i had that happen ONCE to me.

I first got the bike and i went in a feild and knoticed that the bars needed to be turned to the right for the bike to go straight. So just loosen the bolts that hold the forks tight. Straightened the wheel and tightened it. And after MANY crashes (trust me i had alot) the wheel stays tight.

you can also try to pull the forks off and put a line of electrical tape right where the forks clamp in. Then tighten it down it should not move then

The torque specs for the clamps is pretty low, so it doesn't take much to twist them in the clamps. When you go down and they twist, it is annoying, but if they didn't twist, there's a much higher chance that the forks themselves could bend. Something has to give somewhere.

One of the reasons the torque specs are low for the clamps is that too mcuh pressure would crush the fork tubes, but I also think that it is also designed to help keep the forks from bending, hence the twist. Granted that is just my opinion, and I have no real factual data to back it up, but it seems like a good idea. ?

Anyone "in the know" care to tell me if I'm right or wrong?

Mine have twisted twice, both were really ahrd crashes.

Make sure the top clamp bolts are torques to 25, bottom at 21... Or is it the other way around? Wait for Toast and he can clear it up since he told me once when I did the suspension.