Sign in to follow this  

450 swap prep - levers and controls

I figure that now would be a good time to start collecting parts I may need, I'm just not sure what I need. That last bike I had with a manual decompression lever was an Enfield, however I assume the cold start drill is the same. Go to TDC, use the lever to go just past, release lever and bring kick starter back up and then push through the kick start lever (don't kick at it). So far so good I hope. I did this same drill hot or cold and assume I would do the same on the 450 correct???? Does the kicker use a clutch perch with a built in decomp. lever? Burned do you have a used one for sale? Still thinking of installing the rekluse on my shelf in it and don't want to pay a lot of money for something that will only be used to dial the bike in.

Now for the next question(s) - What is the cold start and how does it work? Is it something I should do? How do you use it? and does it take the place of the manual decomp. use when the bike is "hot"? And of course, who is the recommended source for it?

same procedure.i dont have any of the manual decomp stuff.really you can get by with out it as long as the ex cam has the auto deomp (im sure it does in that motor)

the hot start basically is a switched vacuum leak.if you stall the motor while hot or fall off the bike they can be a pain to start becuase they are flooded.the hot start lets fresh air into the intake after the carb.

hot start and manual decomp are 2 different things.

i have a zip-ty brand hot start on my kicker.

you will also be able to take your battery out and use the appropriate capacitor in its place.

So the hot start is a good thing to do :devil:

But I could get away without any of the manual decomp. stuff at least until I decide if I'm going to use the auto-clutch, and even then only if I choose to.

If that is right then I'm ready :thumbsup:

:awww: to burned

hot start is good.you will be fine with out the decomp.

My bike starts fine with the kicker and I did not install the decomp.

Leave the decomp off if you have the auto-decomp ex. cam. :thumbsup: