Sign in to follow this  

Powroll 143cc bore kit

I have it, and BBR is simply the Powroll kit re-badged. According to Powroll, the piston doesn't give the bike any real noticeable power gain. The biggest gain comes with the ignition and/or the stroker kit. I put the piston in along with the ignition, carb, and cam. You can see what the ignition does as soon as you pull of your stock boat-anchor flywheel, and realize it doesn't go back on. The "race" cam is designed to take advantage of the higher rev-limit, and the carb obviously is there to feed it more fuel. I'm still adjusting the ignition curve, and the jetting, but I can already feel the power increase. It actually pulls pretty good off the bottom now, and I can now actually feather the clutch looking for it to pick the rpm's up, rather than just delay the inevitable bog

I thought about getting the Low Compression Powroll 143 kit and milder cam for my nephews KLX125. He wants to get more throttle response to power out of the turns better(he races MX.)

Will this help and will it work with the stock carb? (engine is stock except for opened airbox, twin air filter, Powroll thrust chamber and rejetted)

I talked to powroll and their ignition kit is nice but the flywheel may be lightened a bit much for him as he also trail rides. I don't want the bike to start stalling on him in slow sections. He's 11 and has to put the bike on the kickstand in order to kick start as the bike is still a little tall for him.

Well, with the ignition kit, he'll get exactly what he wants. I haven't had any problems with the thing stalling at all. One thing to watch out for though, is you need to get the timing adjusted properly. Even a little too advanced and the thing really kicks back when you're starting it. It's pretty funny when you realize what a small and relatively meek bike it is, but if you're wearing tennis shoes, it can hurt you.

Anyway, the stock carb can handle the mods you're talking about, but as far as what power increase you'll notice, talk to Powroll (the female there is quite knowledgeable). I did all the mods(piston,cam,carb,ign.) at once, and don't know about just the piston and milder cam.