Sign in to follow this  

What is the baddest sand tire? No paddles please!

I need a serious sand knobby! I ride an XR400, and have all the weight required to keep a good contact patch!

What do y'all suggest?

Robert :thumbsup:

The Maxxis Surcross damn near looks like a paddle. Check it out, I think you would really like it :thumbsup:

Keith :devil:

i use a michellin s12 here in our sandy a$$ state of michigan if there is one thing we have alot of its sand and hey look over there more sand. my s12 hooks up great and wears great to, it also bites well in every other type of terrian i have tried so far.

One vote on here for the S12 already, which isn't a bad choice.

But I would actually go with the Michellion M12 rear. It's a knobby tire, but the knob's pattern is similiar to that of a paddle tire. So it works great in the sand and mud. It also works great on intermediate terrian as well.

You won't get stuck with this tire.

IRC M5B

I second the M5B, biggest knobs i have ever seen... on a tire :thumbsup:

But I would actually go with the Michellion M12 rear. It's a knobby tire, but the knob's pattern is similiar to that of a paddle tire. So it works great in the sand and mud. It also works great on intermediate terrian as well.

yeah but the perelli i posted earlier HAS a paddle down the center of the tire. i would assume that it we be GREAT in the sand.

here's a pic:

mt44r.jpg

this is the best setup i've ever used. it's most of the local pros choice for southwick. check out the spike tread pattern on the front. good control in cornering too.

bridgestone m24 + m25

bri-m25,m26.jpg

this is the best setup i've ever used. it's most of the local pros choice for southwick. check out the spike tread pattern on the front. good control in cornering too.

bridgestone m24 + m25

bri-m25,m26.jpg

that tire looks awsome..... Is it for intermediate terrain also? :thumbsup:

that tire looks awsome..... Is it for intermediate terrain also? :thumbsup:

no, unfortunately...just sand + mud.

yeah but the perelli i posted earlier HAS a paddle down the center of the tire. i would assume that it we be GREAT in the sand.

here's a pic:

mt44r.jpg

That tire looks good. The M12 has a very similiar trend pattern.