Sign in to follow this  

Skid plate and CFC.. What a waste of Money

They look just as crappy as mine do. When I bend my skid plate should I get a new one?? :thumbsup:

Wow Bronco, I thought I was looking at my bike. My skid plate and CFC

covers look nearly identical. :thumbsup:

skid1.jpg

skid2.jpg

skid3.jpg

Anyone who doesn't put those on are definitely gambling on making it

back to the truck... :devil:

NO worries for me, I just bought the set from TT last night :thumbsup:...now if they could only arrive....like NOW :devil:

Actually, if I had to do it over again, I'd get the Unibiker radiator guards and CFC case guards before buying the skid plate. My CFC's have saved my butt many times and those rad. guards are rock solid. :thumbsup: For where I ride, they are more critical than the skid plate. Given that I have the skid plate too, I know that my bike will get me out of trouble even when I ride it poorly .:devil: My bike is almost bulletproof. As a matter of fact, it has survived my many spills despite my trying to break it. What a waste of money that protection was :awww:. With the$$$ saved, I can now get the the cycra hand guards and new bars (when I bend the stockers) and I'm set for life.

Of course, I've still got to add the Yosh head pipe and do the 3x3 mod.etc.etc.

Glad to see these testimonials as I just ordered a set. The only problem now is figure out a way to modify the one side for a kicker. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

The place I mostly ride in Uwharrie NF in NC) is known for its rocks, roots and red mud. (See also red death mud) Many people complain about such conditions. Not me, I have well worn armor. I love it when people ask, "Is it hard to ride that thing".

Yup it sure was a waste of money... for me to not get them immediatly and have to replace a ignition cover - $180, and JB weld the clutch cover! :thumbsup:

Thinking mine look worse, especially the clutch side. Noticed after one ride a nasty gash on the top clutch cover guard and a matching gash on the exhaust protector...

Skidplate is all wavy too!

Didnt you sell your DRZ pkley ?

Whats on the list for your next bike? How about that gas-gas 450 :thumbsup:

Glad to see these testimonials as I just ordered a set. The only problem now is figure out a way to modify the one side for a kicker. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

DoubleDRZ

I added kicker removed starter motor + gears + one way clutch + battery. Saved 10 lbs

Used RTV and a small piece of aluminum cut to size to plug the starter hole. Works like a charm. Bike just got some major lyposuction. Hrmmmm Hrmmm Good :thumbsup:

Ahhh sorry misinterpretation. I am just trying to be overly helpful... :thumbsup:

... 5 hours sleep 8 hours at work and 1.5 hours of driving. Sorry my brain cant process things like it should. :devil:

You guys crash way too much :lol::D :D :snore::awww::lol:

:lol: Come ride with me,, when we are done,, if ya have the same opinion ,, then I'll buy ya a :lol::devil: Assuming you can still ride after all your crashing :lol:

:lol::( The skid plate gets bent not from falling,, but by being hit wioth rocks, stumps and roots :thumbsup: All of the marks on my CFC covers are from the ssame thing :lol: Tight single track.. will do that to a bike :D

Now the bent bars, handguards, verious brusies and such,, well that may have something to do with crashing :awww:

I didn't know you northwestern guys were so sensitive. :thumbsup::devil:

I'd love to go riding with you.